Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble with my Ithaca Flues 4E SBT. An older gentleman at my club recommended Del Grego in Ilion, NY, but their website only mentions Parkers.

Was my friend confused? Or is there maybe a gunsmith with a similar name that works on these old Ithacas?

Have already gone the Diamond route & would like to find an alternative.

The issue is in the striker/firing pin/action locking area. Shells don’t always go off with the 1st try and, when they do, the action is hard to open - even though I’m using low pressure (under 7,000 psi) Federal paper handloads.

Would prefer not to have to retire this old beauty.

TIA

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE: Called & spoke with Del Grego earlier today. They don’t work on Ithacas, but they referred me to Kirk Merrington in TX. I spoke with Kirk today & will be sending my gun down to him later this week for a look-see (& will hope for the best).

Thanks.

·
Registered
219 Posts
OK, I can not believe no one has said this. If you want work done on an Ithaca, contact diamondgunsmithing. com. This gentleman use to be the head of the Ithaca repair department for SBT's, He's the Del grego of Ithaca's etc.

·
Premium Member
2,275 Posts
UPDATE: Called & spoke with Del Grego earlier today. They don’t work on Ithacas, but they referred me to Kirk Merrington in TX. I spoke with Kirk today & will be sending my gun down to him later this week for a look-see (& will hope for the best).

Thanks.
Where in Texas is Merrington located? Thanks.

Scott Hanes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts