Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently got a membership to local sporting clays course. They change thrower aspects each month or as needed. I was feeling cocky with getting fairly proficient with the way things were going until this month's change. I suck now. Seriously, it's just the way they have some rising or dipping while going away, and at a crossing shot even yet on some. Very challenging to say the least for an amateur like me. Nonetheless, I'm looking for a camera that I can mount under the barrel and perhaps see my lead issues, or whatever they might be. I'm not going to ever be competitive, haven't got the time to attend the big parties, to busy at the farm when they take place. I just want to get better. I looked into the GoPro cameras, kinda pricey, but good resolution and high speed shutter speeds. Hopefully, I could catch the pattern and bird in same frame and see how to correct. Does anyone else do this, and/or have a recommendation on units to look into?

TIA,
Cary

·
Super Moderator
5,115 Posts
You could try this:

<object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/uqVTfe5p5DY?hl=en_US&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/uqVTfe5p5DY?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

·
Registered
399 Posts
ShotKam is the one I'm considering. It seems to be the way to go because it is the only one that includes an aim mark on the video, i.e. you get to see where you actually pointed the gun.

Andrew.

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Neato mosquito guys. I'll check those out too. But I'm gonna have to listen to that video again to understand the recoil feature a bit better.

On a similar slant, also looking into spending even more money and buying a chrony. Looking into spending more money, ha. Just want to know what speed my
reloads are whizzing out the barrel. Magnetospeed chronies state they work on most shotguns, but I called a tech there and they don't really claim that verbally as well as in print. They are having issues with hi-tech wads opening soon. I told him I use a stitched (those PT wads from BPI), and was hoping this would not be an issue. They will guarantee satisfaction for 30 days, so I think I might splurge for that too. Man, me beer budget is getting cut down severely lately.

·
Krieghoff K80
2,481 Posts
ShotKam only way to go. Mounts "in line" with bbl, and tops in video/audio playback. Quite expensive though....................

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pretty cool. Was kinda hoping that the s hot pattern would be more followable or visible. I'm prolly talking $100,000 cameras for that kind of speed and resolution.

Would be an easy task to follow a single bird in trap, a little different story on SC, but hey, I'll just throw singles until I figure out my malfunction on each bird.

Thanks guys

Cary

·
Registered
74 Posts
ShotKam is a great tool

Find someone who is willing to work with you that has one already

I would do it for you if you are close enough

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK Mark,

Is one of those dark spots the shot column? Unless my screen is that dirty, I see two dark spots. That is impressive though.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Cary, shot cam is the way to go. Don't use it often, but when we get a new shooter that is struggling, it certainly helps them in a hurry! Mike

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yes , The shot column is above the target on right and the image on the left

is the wad dropping away.

the lighting was very low that day because of clouds

1 - 12 of 12 Posts