Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like 700x I have claybuster pink 1oz wads and gray 7/8 win primers was thinking of using gun club hulls load once and throw. I did load some in AAs gray wad had just more wad pressure crimps were good FPS was a little slow 1286 can't remember how many grains any body else using this combo.
thanks Bob

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From Hodgdon website. http://www.hodgdonreloading.com/data/shotgun

Gauge: 12Lead Shot 24 gm Gun Club hull

Powder 700-X
Primer Win. 209
Wad WAA12SL
Maximum Load
Grains 17.0
Pressure 8,400 PSI
Velocity (ft/s) 1,250

Powder 700-X
Primer Win. 209
Wad WAA12SL
Maximum Load
Grains 18.5
Pressure 9,700 PSI
Velocity (ft/s) 1,325
Well I loaded and tested some last night 18.5 grains 700x 7/8oz gray claybuster wads I used them in place of the WAA12sl better crimp more wad presser under 30 Win primers 7/8os of 7.5 shot speeds were way to fast 1355 1360 1351 switched primers Noble 209s speeds dropped to 1320 1324 1330 going with this for now felt recoil was good pattern was tite and even. My son going to try two boxes on sporting clays tomorrow.
Thanks to every one who replied Bob

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Why not just knock the powder charge down to a little over 18 grains instead of messing with primers and other components. The really weird thing is that you didn't tell us how fast you want your shot to go.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why not just knock the powder charge down to a little over 18 grains instead of messing with primers and other components. The really weird thing is that you didn't tell us how fast you want your shot to go.
1325 FPS and just wanted to use up some noble sport primers when there gone thats what I will do. Just using them for practice in bunker my son is shooting two boxs tonight for sporting clays just to see how they feal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone have problems with 700x bridging in their drop tube? I live in South Texas with lots of rain recently and high humidity. I have had several no charge or very light charges lately.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does anyone have problems with 700x bridging in their drop tube? I live in South Texas with lots of rain recently and high humidity. I have had several no charge or very light charges lately.
I have never had a problem with 700x I use a powder baffle and a dehumidifier in my reloading room in basement

1 - 8 of 8 Posts