Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can find photos of the park prior to being converted into a residential area? I believe I live directly on the property where the entrance to the park was. (I have a brick structure, included on the lot of the home that resembles a park gate entrance)

· Registered
2,071 Posts
You might have better luck listing what State, there are a lot of Interstate Parks

Reactions: Taya

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does anyone know where I can find photos of the park prior to being converted into a residential area? I believe I live directly on the property where the entrance to the park was. (I have a brick structure, included on the lot of the home that resembles a park gate entrance)
Sorry, NEW YORK, Queens. Where the park was originated.

· Super Moderator
6,287 Posts
@Drew Hause may be able to help you.

In case anyone is wondering about this:

Debuting in 1900 at the Interstate Park in Queens, New York, the Grand American was originally a four-day tournament contested in June. For the next 20 plus years the Grand American was staged in cities such as Chicago, St. Louis and Columbus until it made its home in Vandalia, Ohio from 1923 until 2005.
Source:

· Super Moderator
6,287 Posts
Bellaire Boulevard was renamed as 211th St in 1911.

· Registered
6,281 Posts
I'm of no help, but it is very likely the Times-Herald carried reports of the opening of the park in 1900, and of the 1900 GAH at Live Birds in April and at Targets in June.

· Registered
6,281 Posts
Interesting that is appears from the plans the competitors are looking to the east.

This is Mrs. Shattuck at the 1901 GAH at Live Birds. It looks as flat and barren as the Kansas prairie :)

Competitors at the 1901 GAH at Live Birds showing some of the background. It was the last year for Live Birds; the next year was in KC.

The last year for the GAH at Targets at Interstate Park was 1902

Reactions: shotgunpeople
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.