Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those are very poor choices for 7/8oz. All of those powders are designed for medium or heavey 1 1/8oz or bigger loads. You will probably end up with a lot of bloopers trying to use that kind of powder. Not to mention you won't have much of a pattern at those close ranges due to low pressure.

Personally I would try to trade someone for American Select, promo, red dot, 700x, or extra lite. BYG

·
Registered
934 Posts
You want a fast burning powder for 7/8 oz 12 loads.

Alliant: Red Dot, Clay Dot and Promo

Hodgdon: Titewad, Clays, International Clays

Winchester: WAALite

IMR: 700X

Promo is probably the most readily available power that would work.

Your powders are more suited to heavy 1 1/8 oz 12 ga Handicap loads, and for skeet loads in the 20 ga and 28ga. I would try and trade with someone at my club.

Michael

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have loaded 22 grains of unique in win/aa hulls with cb178 wads win209 primer and 7/8 oz of shot. They chrono'd at 1220 fps. Never had a off sounding load but did not try them in cold weather.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Call Alliant and ask for a powder Tech. Tell them what powder you have, and what you want to do. They might have an answer. 1-800-256-8685.

Wayne

·
Registered
5,526 Posts
I have used lots of Green Dot, But not unique, Did not see anything listed in guide, But as advised I would give them a call,

DGH

1 - 11 of 11 Posts