Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time to put new tires on the 1 ton dually. OE are Generals. I usually go Michelin, but they don't make a LT 225/75R17. Anyone have any recommendations for tires in this class. I do use the truck for hunting, but mostly pulling a 39' 5th wheel. Thanks Larry

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Continental is one of those brands that is not in the forefront. However, like Cooper, etc., it is a great tire...... Mike

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put a set of Coopers on my wife's Civic. I've thrown better tires away. I still can't believe Michelin doesn't build a tire to fit. Larry

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have to disagree with Rebel on Continantial tires, they were OE on my 2006 F250....didnt last 12000 miles The ones they put on our Fire Engines wernt any better.... I put some Maxis on the Ford and they have been good about 30,000 miles I do LOTS of turning and taking off the V10 turns the torques the tires good pulling a trailer. (I have a lawncare service 400 gallons ov water on a trailer spins the tires bout every time I take off)

I put a set of Maxis on the '03 Youkon and couldnt be happier. Just my .02

Jim

·
Registered
411 Posts
I use Toyo on all of my personaland work trucks and welding trucks, we are in the feild with these and they preform as good as any if not better.
Chuck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.