Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I received my Grandfather’s Model 42 I wanted to learn all I could about the little gun so I found a copy of Ned Schwing’s book. I think it’s safe to say Schwing must be considered one of the foremost authorities on the Model 42 which is evident by the guns he personally owns that are pictured in this reference work. This book is in excellent + condition. There are no page tears or creases, no writing in it, and the cover is as near perfect as it gets, especially for a 20 year old book. By reading this book I found the year my Model 42 was produced
5CAE1220-2D8D-48EB-9141-94AE48776A36.jpeg
33279E98-DAAF-4F9E-AFE2-90607EA21387.jpeg
based on the serial number, the variations of wood, checkering, and barrel lengths and styles, plus choke options. This book would be invaluable for anyone wanting to verify the authenticity of any Model 42 and would further be of help for those wanting to know the history of this gun. The price is $250 and I will cover the shipping and insurance cost in the lower 48. I welcome any questions or a request for additional pictures within reason as the book is copyrighted and reproduction is prohibited.

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you going to grand?? Please PM with info to contact you thanx

No, I am not going to the Grand this year. If you have an interest in the book send me a pm and we can see if we can work somewhere out.
Thanks

·
Registered
233 Posts
When I received my Grandfather’s Model 42 I wanted to learn all I could about the little gun so I found a copy of Ned Schwing’s book. I think it’s safe to say Schwing must be considered one of the foremost authorities on the Model 42 which is evident by the guns he personally owns that are pictured in this reference work. This book is in excellent + condition. There are no page tears or creases, no writing in it, and the cover is as near perfect as it gets, especially for a 20 year old book. By reading this book I found the year my Model 42 was produced View attachment 1682109 View attachment 1682111 based on the serial number, the variations of wood, checkering, and barrel lengths and styles, plus choke options. This book would be invaluable for anyone wanting to verify the authenticity of any Model 42 and would further be of help for those wanting to know the history of this gun. The price is $250 and I will cover the shipping and insurance cost in the lower 48. I welcome any questions or a request for additional pictures within reason as the book is copyrighted and reproduction is prohibited.

Good afternoon,

Do you still have this book for sale?

Thanks much.

Kent

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry, this was supposed to be closed and deleted. The book is sold. I’ll see if I can close the post.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.