Trapshooters Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

Premium Member
They are sold out.
They are sold out.
Therein lies the problem. There are those amoung us who can afford tp pay whatever is charged and there are those of us who cannot. I dont argue that production costs have jumped up but there are some of us who are a on a fixed income and $.10 primers are not within our reach unless we cut back somewhere else......such as food..oh wait food cost have gone up. So if you see old retired men shooting in ragged cloths after carpooling to the club dont look your nose at us it could be you someday. I am 77 years old and if I can get one more shipment of Chedites and run back and forth to Walmart, I might be able to shoot for the rest of my healthy days.

Premium Member
Shooting for most of us is a passion and a hobby, it certainly costs us lots of money to play. I suspect that all of the higher prices will soon be coming home to roost. Many will find other hobbies that will be less expensive and once forgotten, many will be gone forever. This will cure the shell and reloading component shortage. Too bad, penny wise and pound foolish.

Registered
Considering selling my reloading gear, not worth the headache of trying to find the components much less paying the a$$ rape prices, not even going to shoot this year at $150 for a flat of shells. It鈥檚 not fun anymore when you have struggle to find stuff, I do this to relieve stress not cause more. It鈥檚 just like gasoline, once they鈥檝e got the prices up they鈥檒l never let them come back down even when supply does improve.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I will remember that Natchez took advantage of this situation.
Might want to review the prices at BP for "reclaimed" federals before complaining about Natchez.

I think all the distributors and manufacturers are at fault and taking advantage of the situation. But supply and demand dictates price. Now that they are more expensive, I can actually find them.

Sure is nice finding load data.... Cheddites, not so much.

Premium Member
Considering selling my reloading gear, not worth the headache of trying to find the components much less paying the a$$ rape prices, not even going to shoot this year at $150 for a flat of shells. It鈥檚 not fun anymore when you have struggle to find stuff, I do this to relieve stress not cause more. It鈥檚 just like gasoline, once they鈥檝e got the prices up they鈥檒l never let them come back down even when supply does improve.
Gas came back down from just under $4 a gal in the Obama years to $1.39 in pre COVID.
Prices do come down.

Registered
I do this to relieve stress not cause more. It鈥檚 just like gasoline, once they鈥檝e got the prices up they鈥檒l never let them come back down even when supply does improve.
That鈥檚 the sad truth. At least not to the prices we once were paying.

Administrator
Might want to review the prices at BP for "reclaimed" federals before complaining about Natchez.

I think all the distributors and manufacturers are at fault and taking advantage of the situation. But supply and demand dictates price. Now that they are more expensive, I can actually find them.

Keep in mind that many distributers are having major issues getting product such as shells. Manufacturers such as Vista are selling direct to the customer and say maybe like Winchester on to big box stores so with certain brands not available to distributers they have to look elsewhere at this time and pickings are slim.

Registered
I talked to Hodgdon today and Luke said they were going to starter testing a bunch of powders with Cheddite primers.
He said they were getting lots of calls and since that seems to be the only primer being sold, they were going to do the testing.

Registered
These companies are pricing themselves out of business. All of them !
Then they'll complain how their product is not selling. Sounds like top management calling the rules again. Like Sears, K Mart, JC Penney's, and too many to list

Registered
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I talked to Hodgdon today and Luke said they were going to starter testing a bunch of powders with Cheddite primers.
He said they were getting lots of calls and since that seems to be the only primer being sold, they were going to do the testing.
That's some great news there!

Registered
Fantastic. Hodgdon comes through for the reloader!

21 - 40 of 45 Posts