Trapshooters Forum banner

Nashville Gun Club Fall Festival Sept 18-19 Cancelled

2496 Views 29 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  50RALPH50
Due to COVID in the Nashville area the shoot has been cancelled
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
15,230 Posts
Too bad, I’ve seen a couple of clubs and events shut down for months.
Vaccination won't change that. We're now in a forever pandemic with goalposts that move by the day. They won't give up the power and authority unless it's pried from them, and are and will milk this for every last drop.

Most people are learning, albeit slowly, that eventually the reality will have to be faced that COVID is here to stay until it dies out of it's own accord. The vaccine efficacy is waning, with a 3rd, 4th, and perhaps lifetime booster shots (or the 2x a day lifetime pill that is being developed). So you can learn to live with it or live in fear, your choice. I'd rather die living my life the way I choose to than live the rest of it in a constant state of panic over COVID.

· Registered
4,978 Posts
I have a friend (& his wife) that were fully vaxed. They both got the Covid and ended up in hospital. He is o.k. and out of hospital. She has been in for over 50 days! Fully vaxed. No thanks, I already had the disease and will take my chances from here. Do as you please but I think it may be an untested sham.
Now they are talking a possible booster shot and daily pills. The madness will never stop. The sky is falling!

· Registered
214 Posts
Get vaccinated people!

Otherwise don’t complain if more events, schools and businesses get shut down or canceled.
The business I work at never closed nor did it slow down due to COVID. Matter of fact business has never been better and numbers were better than 2020 and were better than ever and are projected to be at least 4 to 6 percent more growth next year.

I am not going to complain. What I will do is find the places who want to do business or clubs who want to shoot and I will attend those events.
Their loss not mine.
How many times are you going to get a vaccine that doesn’t work and really isn’t a vaccine. Oh how many boosters are we at now.

· Registered
13,013 Posts
Just wait. In a few more months those who got 3 shots will be blaming the spread of COVID on those that only got 2 ! There have been other Corona viruses ( H1N1 ,MERS, SARS etc. ) I keep hearing ignorant people compare Covid 19 vaccine to those that stopped polio , measles etc. . There HAS NOT been a vaccine that has eradicated ANY Corona virus !!!! NONE ! Covid 19 is hear to stay now jut like the different Corna type variants ! Your best bet is anti bodies but ,the Fauci crowd will keep on making themselves RICH but convincing people they need shot after shot !!!!! :mad:

· Registered
5,675 Posts
Get vaccinated people!

Otherwise don’t complain if more events, schools and businesses get shut down or canceled.
I see football stadiums full of screaming people sitting right next to each other and a bunch of trapshooting Karens cancel a trap shoot. What the heck? They ought to be ashamed of themselves.

· Registered
4,376 Posts
Vaccination won't change that. We're now in a forever pandemic with goalposts that move by the day. They won't give up the power and authority unless it's pried from them, and are and will milk this for every last drop.

Most people are learning, albeit slowly, that eventually the reality will have to be faced that COVID is here to stay until it dies out of it's own accord. The vaccine efficacy is waning, with a 3rd, 4th, and perhaps lifetime booster shots (or the 2x a day lifetime pill that is being developed). So you can learn to live with it or live in fear, your choice. I'd rather die living my life the way I choose to than live the rest of it in a constant state of panic over COVID.
I agree 100%. I am 71 and lived a pretty good life so far. I don't plan on sitting home everyday until I die. I want to enjoy (the best i can) what time I have left on this (once) great earth.

· Premium Member
MX 15,Beretta 682, TM 1, MX10
211 Posts
From WBIR Knoxville website:

September 7, 2021
More people are sick with COVID-19 than ever before in Tennessee with a record 88,940 active cases statewide. The Tennessee Department of Health said roughly 1 in every 75 Tennesseans has the virus right now.
Tennessee also reported more new cases than ever before with 13,506.
Hospitalizations continue to rise as well across the state with a record 3,693 patients.
1,034 are in the ICU, and 723 are on a ventilator. 67 of those hospitalized are kids.
TDH also reported 235 new deaths in the last week.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.