Trapshooters Forum banner

NASCAR is starting to suck.......

3349 Views 45 Replies 33 Participants Last post by  Mayor Bob
Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems to me the TV and the powers that be are ruining NASCAR......the production is so big that the show comes on an hour before the race starts, some of the announcers have no idea what they are talking about, just run their mouth, the rules change so often that it is hard to understand, fuel cell sizes, tires,you can only run this tire or that tire, etc....there is always a caution near the end...debris on the track, someone must throw it out on the track, I think the races are starting to be scripted...now we are going to have the "car of tomorrow" so all the cars will be the same........pretty soon the races will be run on a computer and scripted....guess its time to watch wrestling......JMO SC
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 46 of 46 Posts
G

·
Max Trap,

Jeffy Boy was one hell of an open wheel racer (midgets, sprints, silver crown). I saw him pull off one of the most impressive passes that I haver ever seen. One night at IRP he and another fellow was racing for position coming off of turn 2 and they touched wheels. Jeff was on the inside. His car was bicycling on the left two tires down the back straight. Neither driver lifted and Gordon was able to make the pass stick. He managed to get the right side down right before entering turn 3. The boy never lifted or looked back. What's it like to be young and stupid.

I'm not a Gordon fan either, but will give credit where credit is due.

I also remember the officials holding up the race at IRP so that Jeffy could get there from graduation, police escourt and all!

ec90t

· Registered
150 Posts
if you want to see some real racing come down to Baja and watch the 1000 or the 500. It takes balls to drive these races at the speeds they go but again the big money is dictating how the races are run. Robby Gordon still runs these races and he can drive anything with wheels.

Clyde

· Registered
25,339 Posts
NASCAR is starting to suck? It's sucked since the mid-70's. The last good season as far as I'm concerned was when the Ford Torino Cobras and Talladegas were taking on the "Winged Warriors" from MOPAR.

· Registered
1,983 Posts
I didn't hear this from him, but I was told that Tony Stewart suggested to NASCAR that if they had to run two road courses in their schedule, they should have to run two dirt tracks, too.

Sounds like a winner to me.

How do you think Juan Pablo would do on dirt. Just think how upset he would be if he really got some dirt on his racing coveralls!!

Danny

G

·
Tony wanted to trade his IROC championchip money for one IROC race at Eldora! Now boys where talking something here!

ec90t

· Registered
3 Posts
It appears to me that NASCAR is like everything else---too much of a good thing and they drive it into the ground to make as much $$$$$$ as soon possible. I liken it to eating, eat to much and you get sick to your stomach.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.