Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
View attachment 302262 View attachment 302263 View attachment 302264 View attachment 302265

Picked this up in a box lot @ an auction a couple days ago.

Trigger blade is broken (appears to have snapped @ an adjustment screw in the middle), but it's a solid all steel piece and may still be worth salvaging or repairing (I imagine the blade may still be able to be welded together).

Looks like someone glued on a trigger shoe, gobbed glue all over the trigger, and when the blade stuck to the housing tried to force it and snapped the blade @ it's weakest point.

It is unusual in that it appears to screw onto the action instead of being held in by pins like most rifle triggers.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Looks like a trigger from a 98 Mauser made in Santa Barbra Spain AKA a Santa Barbra MAUSER

There was may have been other importers but that is the one I have heard most about all my life

·
Registered
14,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty good guess, but no cigar (my dad actually bought a Santa Barbara in 7x57 a couple months ago).

Here's what I can find for the original SB trigger:

My best guess is it's for some sort of rifle that would have been sporterized, since that would fit in with the rest of the lot that I bought (which included Timney 1917 and Mauser 98 triggers, and Jaeger 1903 trigger). But I can't for the life of me think of any of those style guns where the trigger was held on by two screws, all the ones I've seen have a through pin and a tension screw such as the one above.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts