Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I am trying to help someone identify this rifle. It does not have any stamping that indicates its origin.

It appears to me that it is a German guild gun. Any suggestions would help.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
It looks like a Flobert to me, because of the trigger guard/lever. They were gallery guns .22cal typically seen at carnivals.

best... Mike

·
Registered
911 Posts
You didnt give much info.

Is it Centerfire similar to a 30 30.

What approx caliber?

It looks like an 8.15 x 46 R Schuetzen rifle for long range shooting.

They usually have a set rigger.

There are many similar to Martini actions others are between a falling block and a rolling block

So what do you see on it?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't have the gun. I purchased a L C Smith from the guy this morning and am trying to help him out. He was telling me about the gun and then forwarded the picture. He said that it was 7mm cal.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
It is a put together... BSA Martini actions where plentiful, strong, and cheap. Popular to do at one time. I have seen many 4 position 22 target rifles made up from these actions. Has this one been case hardened? Originally they where blued. Looks as if someone tried to make it a German Schultzen style rifle. Deep hook on the butt end and big cheek piece. Fancy curls on the lever also act as a pistol grip. Forend with the barrel wedge and barrel band is different. Interesting looking rifle.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Border Bandit. Floberts rifles where cheap imports for the Boys rifle market. When those guns where imported they had little if any gallery shooting as ammo vs. income was expensive. The shells of the day where black powder too with the associated problems. The general stores sold 22 rimfire cartridges individually. Maybe 5 shells for a couple pennies. And you better bring home the same number of squirrels, rabbits etc. for the pot. Gallery shooting became more popular with the pump, and semiauto rifles with the Lesmoke and smokeless powders.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts