Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<iframe width="1680" height="1013" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yfvJ5557K5k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Reminds me of the first time I invited my wife to go along on the annual Pheasant hunt in South Dakota with my buds. First covey up she got a double... She was part of the guys from that day on. They always asked me to bring her back again next year

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Looked like northern Italy. I saw a Beretta sidelock, obviously a high-grade gun. Did not notice the others. Notice that they all sling their guns? Also notice that their dogs are trained differently than we do in the US. They are not steady and they are used to flush the birds. There was also a light colored Pheasant variant. I haven't seen one in several years. However, all-in-all, it was an enjoyable video. Aftrr all, dogs, guns and birds - what could be better?

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
One of the things that I have always enjoyed the most is dogs that will honor points. On the funny side my miniature Datsun that died in September would honor points. I would always crack up when He would do that. Even when He did it squirrel hunting. While hunting running quail in brush I finally learned to move up quick or they would be gone. Now the quail are making a slow comeback but I no longer have dogs as it is so difficult to find places to hunt. Jackie B.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
That brings back found memories of my Shorthair Ahmee.......what a dog she was! A pheasant and quail hunting machine....RIP

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
I entered the title of the vid into two different translation web sites. Both came back with: "Expulsion in pink with Beretta to tow".

Would anyone speaking Italian care to translate the translation?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Often translations are literal or idiomatic and do not translate into anything understandable.

Hauxfan,

"Well trained dogs" is a matter of the eye of the beholder and the practices of the locale. As I said in my previous post, these Shorthairs are trained differently than we train our dogs in the US. Note that I did not critize them, merely commented. You should see good US trained pointing dogs to see the difference. It would also help to have someone tell you what you are looking at and describe what the standard of top performance is.

Warning, this is addictive and thus not for the faint of heart. Next thiongn you know youn have a house full of bird dogs and an ex-wife.

Birdogs

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Translation :

Female Hunt - wildlife hunting

"Piacenza",..is a town in Northern Italy-Emilia-Romagna area.

" La Stoppa" is a name of the winery in that region where they are hunting, 60 acres.

Three women:

'Martina Maruzzo'....is 2012 World FITASC Champion....woman in blue Beretta cap.

'Deborah' ...professional hunter...woman with long dark brown hair.

'Michaela'.....works for Brecia's Natural resources.....blond woman.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Kinda wish there wasn't so much snow,...getting the 'itch' for a pheasant hunt now :(

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
Thanks Birdogs.

I doubt I will end up with any hunting dogs at my place. I'm too dang old to start hunting again and there will be no more ex-wives at my place. Unless of course they are someone else's ex.........lol

But thanks for the information.

Hauxfan!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts