Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
7,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As I did for the past 20+ years, I drove to Vegas for the SHOT show yesterday, and plan to stay till Saturday because I really don't want to drive back to L.A. at night.

Here're some pictures from the SHOT show 2018:

Looks like it'll be the year of the dog sometime next month.
IMG_5611.jpg

·
Registered
7,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, for years I usually go to the Perazzi display first, but Mauro told me there's nothing really new this year, so I'll just took a few pictures of the best selling Perazzi last year: The HTS.

The HT represents over 90% of Perazzi's production now, whether you like it or not.

The HTS Black edition:
IMG_5566.jpg
IMG_5567.jpg

·
Registered
7,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I don't know if you guys ever try the HT "reversed taper" rib (I can't make it to show with my iPhone camera), its something very different from some of you liked "taper" rib. I tried it and liked it very much, so I didn't ask them to change to the old style rib on my gun.
And seems customers liked it too, almost no one asked to use traditional rib when they ordered HT.

·
Registered
7,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here're the usual four gun set they put at the front, (maybe) to keep some people off their thick carpet LOL:

IMG_5572.jpg
IMG_5573.jpg

I know its unprofessional, I didn't make efforts to avoid the reflection on engravings because I figure you guys have seen it every year. Sorry.

·
Registered
7,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The HT combo: Now they put "CO" on the outside so you'll know it came as two barrel set, this will make some dealers very difficult to order two sets of barrel at discount price then sell them separately.

IMG_5574.jpg
IMG_5575.jpg
IMG_5576.jpg

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I don't know if you guys ever try the HT "reversed taper" rib (I can't make it to show with my iPhone camera), its something very different from some of you liked "taper" rib. I tried it and liked it very much, so I didn't ask them to change to the old style rib on my gun.
And seems almost all customers liked it too, almost no one asked to use normal rib when they ordered HT.
Steve, as always, thanks for your pix. But I have a question: Why no 100mph speedo pix this year? Hehe...

If I were to be buying a High Tech, I would definitely go for the reverse taper rib. If find the view down/over these new Perazzi barrels to be exactly that of a parallel rib. As much as I don't like a tapered rib, I would never have believed that a reverse taper would look so good. Now if they would just grind off the words Perazzi High Tech from the receiver...

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
Steve, as always, thanks for your pix. But I have a question: Why no 100mph speedo pix this year? Hehe...

If I were to be buying a High Tech, I would definitely go for the reverse taper rib. If find the view down/over these new Perazzi barrels to be exactly that of a parallel rib. As much as I don't like a tapered rib, I would never have believed that a reverse taper would look so good. Now if they would just grind off the words Perazzi High Tech from the receiver...
Gold Guy, when you lay down that much money for one of these guns, you can then grind on it where ever and as often as you like.

Hauxfan!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Do the High Tech"trap"specific models have reverse taper ribs ?

Was under the impression they remain wide at the rear and narrow in front.

·
Registered
7,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, that's it for the Perazzi, lets go straight to the hot topic of 2018 from the other side of the spectrum: The Tristar CTA. :)

IMG_5466.jpg
IMG_5467.jpg
IMG_5476.jpg
IMG_5470.jpg
IMG_5471.jpg

1 - 20 of 132 Posts