Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Hat

I am a died in the wool born again Southerner!! Here by choice now and the Grace Of God at birth!---BUT---My friends to the north have my deepest admiration for shooting in conditions that would make us sit by the fire. It's cold here, damned cold, 13 degrees this morning. I have not been able to get anyone to shoot with me since it was 50 degrees. You guys come to the Grand and bitch because it's 100 (right in out wheel house) but you do come. I suspect that if the Grand was in Wisconsin in January nobody south of St Louis would show up. I've seen photo's of you guys shooting with four feet of snow around you and am amazed! Heck, I've never been where there was six inches of snow on the ground while I was there. And the wind you guys play in! Wow!

Just thought I would tip my hat to some tough competitors!!! Merry Christmas and we will see you when it's about 72 outside!!!

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Get ready for the Yankee invasion. Another few weeks and the trek south to shoot will start and already has started for some. Some go west and some go south. Anything about 50 is considered a heat wave.

Don

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Come on now - Yankees aren't the only folks shooting in odd weather conditions.

This shot was taken at the Rockingham Gun Club near Reidsville NC...

FRedmon

NEWSFLASH - this shot was not taken in NC after all!!!!!

But when I get a good snow shot from a NC club we will post it.....

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Sir, we apologize and we were duped by one of our club members that sent us the picture.

The mystery has finally been solved..

FRedmon

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
The trap and the fence fooled me.. This is our field one with the fence on the left.. Obviously the traphouses are different..

FRedmon

·
Registered
114 Posts
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you from Western New York! 12 degrees, windchill is -7 and we have approx 4 ft of snow on the ground, not to mention the 5 to 6 ft snow piles that my 4'11" frame tries to throw the snow over!

The shooting last Sunday wasn't too bad, about 32 degrees with rain drizzle. The hardest part of shooting my 49 was shuffling over the ice/slush covered gravel driveway to the fields and shooting through the light fog.

Shoot well and stay warm!
Jo Ann

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Having shot in a winter league in upstate NY almost every year since 1981, I appreciate the fact that you folks in the South take notice of what we endure up here in the winter. As I get older, I must admit, that the sunny south is looking better every year for the winter! It sure would feel good to not have to wait until the white out clears before you call for a target! How are the winters in Tn? We are contemplating this area as a possible relocation point for the retirement years.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.