Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a friend ask me to help him make a gun case out of some mahogany he had salvaged. Well he provided the wood and helped me run it through the planer. So I got left with the balance. Mahogany and maple plywood, I used dovetails to put the case together. Not quite finished but getting there. If I decide to make one for myself it will come out better...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Very nice job for your first one. You can find the hinges that hold the lid at a 90' angle if I remember there not real expensive . Think about putting corner protectors on yours. Believe me they get banded up and even feet to help it stand up my first one is still in use and it's at least 20 years old. Not even very many nicks or scratches , mine I used red oak . A few I made out of walnut turned out to good to use but they are used too. If you want real help try using the gun socks for barrel and stock store my gun that way right in the case. Double protection Gary

·
Registered
127 Posts
I figure a gun case is supposed to get scratched and beat up protecting the gun. If I had that nice of a case I would have to have a case for the case so it wouldn't get beat. Very nice work.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. The inside is covered with felt. It cost about $8.00 for the felt, and it will come close to doing 2 cases. I have to work on the foam in the top. I don't like the way it puckered on the corners. I may add a leather strap and buckle to secure the stock.

Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts