Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember when I bought my first Garmin GPS. I didn't take me long to have most all of the trap ranges, within 500 miles, loaded on it. As time went on the dominent locations were Doctors offices and Medical Centers. Now the tide has once again changed, it's loaded with the locations of funeral parlors. Sad.

Ed Yanchok

·
Registered
9,448 Posts
Your choice as to what gets loaded into your Garmin.

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Heck, I found a website with all the interstate rest parks listed. Printed that sucker off right now. Nice to know where to p.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Ed you are doing good,

I always remember what Yogi says

"Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours". Yogi Berra

DGH

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
My garmin takes ten minutes to find a signal?? Is anyone else experiencing slow satellite hook ups?
By the way I have three garmins, and they're all slow ??

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
I also have three Garmins and only the oldest one is slow to connect with satellites. The two newer ones, both the same model, do everything much, much faster. Satellite connection literally takes five seconds unless it is in a building or something. It doesn't even loose connection in tunnels on the PA Turnpike, something the older one does. Those newer ones are Bluetooth, find saved destinations using Voice Command and do more things than I need. If the 1450LMT is not a newer model, then that's what my older one is. I can't recall the model number of the newer ones for certain.

Ed

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
The new ones don't even say "Recalculating" - they just quietly do it. And the traffic reroutes are displayed differently and provide you with numerous more options. Even when I know where I'm going, I use my GPS just for the traffic feature unless I'm just going somewhere local.

Ed

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
When I go to New York City to see my daughter, I lose the signal constantly..... your cell phone with mapping will do a better job.

Jim

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
"Wayz" is good but it burns data. I use it when in areas like NYC where tall buildings along narrow streets block satellite connections but when in the "real" world, my Garmins have saved my butt from traffic back-ups that no one on Wayz reported.

A year or two ago, I was traveling north on I-83 from Baltimore when, as I was almost right at an exit, my Garmin suddenly announced, "Road closed ahead - exit here!" I did and while ascending the ramp, could see lines of stop lamps ahead on the highway. Wayz showed a police officer ahead because everyone was assuming that someone else would report the road closure. As unsafe as trying to input info to Wayz while driving can be, I fully understand that.

We have lots of technology available to us but none of it is perfect.

Ed

1 - 16 of 16 Posts