Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Been meaning to sign on here for a while. It seems there are a few live bird shooters on this board, any body have any interesting stories to tell about competions they were in. Thanks Mike

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Don't pay any attention to JBrooks. No one else does.

Welcome to TS.com.

Don't know if you'll find any live bird shooters, but I'm sure you find something or someone to keep you coming back.

Hauxfan!

·
Supporting Vendor
10,449 Posts
Baba, you'll find that this site is only a Teenage wasteland, It's only teenage wasteland, Teenage wasteland, Oh, oh..Teenage wasteland!

They're all wasted!

Tron

·
Registered
466 Posts
Mike, don't let the juveniles run you off. Always glad to see anyone post for the first time for a breath of fresh air. I shot a few flyers or live birds as a kid in Central Kentucky. Would still shoot them if costs weren't so great. Go to the search function on the home screen. I've seen some posts in the past on flyers.

Yes, this is mostly a trapshooter oriented site but glad you are here.

Eddie Quire

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hey Baba, welcome to the fray! The above is just a sample of the fare here. As to your question,I've shot lots of live birds in my 58 years: quail, doves, ducks, geese, even an occasional crow, but don't think I ever shot one in competition, unless you count bets made with my teen-age cohorts many years ago as to whether or not a .22-250 Remington would hit a crow in the top of a dead tree at 200 meters. BTW--you're not a covert PETA operative on a stealth mission to gather intel on bird killers, are you? If so, any identifying information on this site regarding me is incorrect. Anyway, welcome to TS.com. I'm sure you will enjoy it as much as I do.

P.S.--GrubbyJack--seagull tastes like salty chicken!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Baba,welcome aboard.There are some live bird or flyer shooters on here.

Most around here are invite only.PETA, if you know what I mean.

Bocephas

·
Banned
3,784 Posts
I'm a flyer shooter !! The KING of shotgun sports ! What would you like to know? I shoot most big US shoots, and Spain & Mexico, & going to Morocco for World Champs in April.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
You guys will note that Baba has left the building. Anyone who comes on here and asks about flyers in his first post is a PETA plant. Wise up. You too Larry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks everybody.I shoot trap ,skeet and sporting clays was just introduced to box birds. Thanks trapboyfor your story.If you have time to type up some more of them i'd like to read them. Euro joe ,what gun do you use ? loads ? Any experince w/ Winchesters live bird gun, prices on these seem to be coming down.I,m using a 682 Gold Sporting , but the guys i shot with said it may be a flat shooting gun.Please forgive any typing errors.Thanks again Mike.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I used to shoot a MX3 that was 60-40. and that was fine for me. I shot at Hegins, Ryans, Etc never was a Champion but I did win a few dollars. It is the King of all shotgun games. Find a shotgun the shoots where you look. I hope you enjoy it, I did.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Mike im all against the ideal of shooting live birds because it puts me in danger if you know what I mean.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v294/foghorn220/family%20photos/?action=view&current=fog-8.jpg" target="_blank">
</a>

Why not take up fishing instead.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v294/foghorn220/animation/?action=view&current=fishingbird.gif" target="_blank">
</a>

By the way welcome to the site.

Foghorn

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.