Trapshooters Forum banner
261 - 277 of 277 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Single shot New England Firearms .410, Christmas present when I was around 7 I believe. Took my first quail with one, and plenty of squirrels & rabbits. A lot of fond memories using that little shotgun.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My first shotgun was a Mossberg 500, 12ga I got at 13 years old, I still own it as it was a gift from my father. Hunted a lot of quail with that gun before I could afford something else.. I'm 66 now and have more than a dozen shotguns but less than a hundred.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
60 years ago -- single shot Remington -- Bird dogging with my uncle when he downed a pheasant -- He ran up to hit it in the head and cracked the stock. He wrapped a roll of that old black electrical tape on it and handed to me-- My first shot gun --and the tape is still on it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Model 66 Ithaca 20ga single. My dad bought it for 25$ in a yard sale and it looked like it had been in the corner of a barn for years. I was skeptical at first but he refinished the wood and bluing himself and turned it into a fine first shotgun. Carried it several years before I moved on to a 870. Tried to take that one with me when I left home but Dad wouldn’t let me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My first was a Winchester 1200 in 20 gauge that my grandfather gave me on my 12th birthday. Spent a lot of time small game hunting with that shotgun before I stupidly traded it for another firearm. Still regret that trade.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Win Model 12 20ga. Lots of squirrel and rabbit pot pies & stews and great fun provided by that little shotgun. I got my first pheasant with it as well.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Hand me down Model 12 that was my dad's. When he opted for a new Model 12 with a 3" chamber, he gave me his. It was a lot of shotgun for a 14 year old, but what a treasure it was when I was in the field with him.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Browning 12 gauge BPS, received it for my 14th birthday from my grandparents. I shot a lot of ducks, geese, and pheasants with that gun. I still have it and I take it every once in awhile to keep it loose.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ithaca model 37, 12 ga, smooth bore, slug barrel...that is now about 45 years old, was my father's, and will be passed down to family!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

261 - 277 of 277 Posts