Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I shot my first ever 100 straight. I know many on here have done that, probably many doing it multiple times over. I debated posting about it in the reloading section since I did it with my 1oz reloads.

Honestly, I thought I’d never make it to a 100. I started shooting back in 2016 and shot for a year before life forced me to be a single dad raising three kids on my own. Shooting stopped until this year when life allowed me to start again. Really, I owe it to my new bride who is so encouraging and excited about my enjoyment and goals for the sport. She’s even started shooting her first rounds with me, and, is already a good shot.

I’m grateful to all the folks on here and their wisdom. It’s the little things like shooting a perfect 100 using handmade reloads and shooting a full choke, all things I’ve read about on here, that elevates the fun of our sport to a whole different level, one I never thought I’d be able to experience personally.

Some will ask if it was at a registered event? No, it was at a club that I had always failed to shoot well at and it was with a squad foreign to me. They were super cool to shoot with and excellent shooters who made it competitive enough. Nonetheless, I now have my sights on my first registered 100.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
It's a great achievement and you are justified in your celebration! Yes, many have done it before, and many do it often, yet there are still others who will never do it in a lifetime!!

Congrats, and keep shooting well, one target at a time!!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Congratulations, that is a huge milestone that I hope to get soon. I am getting 50 and 75 straight on a regular basis now so I know the 100 is going to happen anytime. In the past week I think I had 2 75's and several more 50's in both singles and handicap. Good shooting.

·
Registered
573 Posts
My first 100 came in a non registered 100 bird event. There was great competition and it really took all I had to stay in it. Congrats on a great accomplishment. You know what it takes, so keep at it and break more!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How about telling us about that 1 oz reload data and what gun and choke you used.
Sure thing. I shoot a Blaser F3 SuperTrap 34” unsingle with full choke. Reloads are Win AA hulls, Win209 primer, 17gr Red Dot powder, CB 1100-12 wad, 1oz 7.5 or 8 magnum shot.

Thanks for asking and the kudos!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Awesome to break 100 straight. Just remember at a Registered shoot it's the same as where you broke the 100. One target at a time, clear target, lead, smooth to the target and break it. Congratulations
shoot well shoot straight.

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
Congratulations on breaking your first 100 straight. I've been shooting 50 years and have had only one straight. It took a friend of mine 30 years to break his first 100 straight and after that he has broken numerous more.

The older I get my excitement comes from breaking a 25 straight and believe me those are very rare nowadays. I still remember the feeling I had walking to the line starting my last trap. Then the nervousness I felt on my very last target.

For me, it was a memorable highlight of my shooting career.
Great job and many more,
Steve Balistreri
Wauwatosa Wisconsin

1 - 20 of 47 Posts