Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My home club (small, maybe 20-25 shooters including both trap and skeet), is closed till Apr 4. There are NO reported virus cases anywhere near here but a couple of the worry warts are in "charge" and decided because schools are closed, maybe we ought to close.
Im disappointed and ticked off.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Are they Democrats?
Steve Balistreri
Wauwatosa Wisconsin
Are they the only ones that are older with compromised immune systems?

LMAO. In 30 days this panic will be known as the Great Wuhan Hoax of 2020. Your worry warts are letting themselves be jacked around like puppets on a string by lying Democrats and lying media.
Do you truly think the people dying is a hoax?

·
Registered
3,789 Posts

I truly believe that the media, left-wing as it may be, is super hyping the virus in hopes of hurting Trumps re-election bid. Remember when 10,000 Americans died to sickness when Obama was President? No hysteria that time!

People dying is not a hoax. Elderly people dying in an old age home, is kind of normal. Of the 20 that died in one nursing home, how many would have died had they not contracted the virus? We will never know!

·
Registered
31,741 Posts

The flu is not a hoax, the panic and hysteria is. So far 40 people in this country have died from it, 19 in one nursing home. During the last 6 months some 22,000 or people in this country have died from the flu that normally makes its way around the country every year.

Preliminary In-Season 2019-2020 Flu Burden Estimates

Before news of the corona virus broke a few weeks ago, a month before that, there were 12,000 dead in this country by flu.

Flu Now Widespread in 45 States, What to Know

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I truly believe that the media, left-wing as it may be, is super hyping the virus in hopes of hurting Trumps re-election bid. Remember when 10,000 Americans died to sickness when Obama was President? No hysteria that time!

People dying is not a hoax. Elderly people dying in an old age home, is kind of normal. Of the 20 that died in one nursing home, how many would have died had they not contracted the virus? We will never know!
All of them would have died. Like all of us will eventually die. Sound logic indeed.
Do you think its normal for people to die before they should have otherwise?

If its a left wing thing then why are the non left leaning outlets worried about it as well?

The flu is not a hoax, the panic and hysteria is. So far 40 people in this country have died from it, 19 in one nursing home. During the last 6 months some 22,000 or people in this country have died from the flu that normally makes its way around the country every year.

Preliminary In-Season 2019-2020 Flu Burden Estimates
Yeah, its easy to make the mistake of comparing the flu to covid19. But lets look at data as its more insightful.

upload_2020-3-13_11-11-46.png

Speaking as someone in one of the lowest bars on the graphs I'm not overly concerned for my health. I am concerned about giving it to people in the really large bars on the graph though. And that goes for Flu or Covid19.

Lets continue following the compaision made earlier.

So, covid19 has a higher mortality rate and a higher R naught.

AND, the flu has a vaccine and a majority of the population that has been vaccinated against it. Neither of which are true for covid19.

·
Registered
31,741 Posts
All of them would have died. Like all of us will eventually die. Sound logic indeed.
Do you think its normal for people to die before they should have otherwise?

If its a left wing thing then why are the non left leaning outlets worried about it as well?

Yeah, its easy to make the mistake of comparing the flu to covid19. But lets look at data as its more insightful.

View attachment 1661111

Speaking as someone in one of the lowest bars on the graphs I'm not overly concerned for my health. I am concerned about giving it to people in the really large bars on the graph though. And that goes for Flu or Covid19.

Lets continue following the compaision made earlier.

So, covid19 has a higher mortality rate and a higher R naught.

AND, the flu has a vaccine and a majority of the population that has been vaccinated against it. Neither of which are true for covid19.
Hey I got news for you what ever you call it, it is still a viral disease and so far is not as fatal as the common flu. I reject the fact that China’s death rate of aged citizens is even reverent. You are talking about a third world country who has over a billion people and whose government should no qualm about killing half of them. The charts for the death rates here of corona virus are still far less than the common flu.

I don’t fault you for being scared to death, but I am not and will not be put down by those who are.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The local health district predicts as many as 140,000 cases of the virus in the next 35 days (Seattle and surrounding areas). My local club is still open but that may change.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I do think eventually a lot of Americans will get the virus and those with compromised immune systems could be real sick or even die from it. But those folks could die from flu too.
I also have a sense that its a panic for nothing, the media is at fault.
If this was Ebola or something that can kill about anybody then I'll be concerned.
The sky is falling ............

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Hey I got news for you what ever you call it, it is still a viral disease and so far is not as fatal as the common flu. I reject the fact that China’s death rate of aged citizens is even reverent. You are talking about a third world country who has over a billion people and whose government should no no qualm about killing half of them. The charts for the death rates here of corona virus are still far less than the common flu.

I don’t fault you for being scared to death, but I am not and will not be put down by those who are.
I never said I was scared to death. Matter of fact if you read my post you would have seen the opposite: "Speaking as someone in one of the lowest bars on the graphs I'm not overly concerned for my health. I am concerned about giving it to people in the really large bars on the graph though. And that goes for Flu or Covid19."

Comparing something that has happened to something that might happened is an uphill battle all things considered.

The big take away is we need to treat this like a really bad flu season. With that in mind the older folks (50+) need to limit their exposure to others.

But, I'm not meaning to throw spears or anything. Hopefully we can meet up soon and shake hands on my good intentions. Haha, just joking around.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
One aspect of the closings that no one seems to want to mention is the elephant in the room. Its called The BLODDSUCKING LAWYERS. This is NOT all lawyers but those that are willing ready and able to sue anyone for some perceived problem. Just look at how many lawyer ads you see along the lines of "If you were hurt (injured, sickened, or damn near anything) Call ME and we can get money for you (and for ourselves as the biggest gainer in a class action suit)." How many of these bloodsucker lawyers do you think would be ready to jump on anyone who happened to get the Wuhan Flu (or any flu) for damages (and tremendous fees!).

If you ran a company, school, shopping center or anywhere someone might catch the flu (of any kind) could you stand up to the litigation that some bloodsucking, fee hunting lawyer would sue you for (or be "willing" to reach a settlement) on a "perceived" case that you did not take "proper procedures" which resulted in the patient getting the flu?

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
hbar. Your percentages are meaningless because you are using a death rate compared to confirmed cases. As the virus is really mild in the majority of people and they wouldn't even report being sick, the number infected and survived could be 10, 100, 1000 or even 10,000 times higher than reported confirmed cases.

The statistics prove that this panic is a hoax.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Being a self quarantined shooter per my MD since I have all the symptoms except shortness of breath. Now on antibiotic for prevention of pneumonia. Very high risk person with numerous conditions that put me in jeopardy. I can't get tested because the government weren't prepared and hopefully next week I may.
Please stop this BS talk about leftist hoax. It's real and soon very deadly. Good health to all.

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
South Korea’s aggressive testing gives clues to true fatality rate

With 140,000 people tested, the country’s mortality rate is just over 0.6 percent compared to the 3.4 percent global average reported by the WHO
Various factors can influence this percentage, but scientists agree that all things being equal, it is more accurate when more people are tested

·
Registered
31,741 Posts
1 - 20 of 215 Posts