Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the restrictions in Ontario Canada all of our ata shoots were or have been cancelled. I haven’t shoot a registered target since labour day last year. So can only shoot practice rounds. Well over the last month I have been adjusting my comb and recoil pad on my bt-99 to be able to get a more upright stance. I felt like I got the gun fitting exactly the way I wanted it but then I could see a lot of rib between the beads and even though I’m not looking at the beads I felt like it was distracting my focus on the target. Well tonight before going to the club I blacked out the mid bead. So before today my best round was a 92/100. The wind was blowing target up down and all over so I wasn’t expecting much. To my surprise I was turning targets to smoke. Shoot 24,24,25,and a 24 for a 97. Was super pumped and wanted to keep shooting but was running out of light. I’ve shot a lot of 25s but not 50 straight but came close as I missed the last target on the third round. Can’t wait to get to the club to shoot again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Congratulations - and good shooting!

Agree, it's all about the fit and POI. I purchased a new (to me) Citori with a Gracoil and adjustable comb, and its adjust-ability and proper fit made all the difference in going from really elusive 25s to having that happen on a fairly regular basis. 50 straight continued to elude until last Tuesday nights trip to the field when I finally made it happen. You'll get there - practice and perseverance will achieve the goal. Then it's on to 75, ...

·
Banned
794 Posts
I think what the OP said is soooo honest and I bet we all sub-come to it... It's distracting to see the gap between the beads. I used to shoot a flat gun with snowman beads and was used to seeing nothing but the front bead touching the bottom of the target. You know what cured this?? Shooting sporting clays. I learned quickly that even though folks will tell you you should shoot a 50/50 POI for SC, I couldn't hit a barn door from the inside with a flat gun, not even the dropping targets. I became frustrated but then I realized I was shooting UNDER everything. I adjusted my comb... a lot - 3/8 of an inch - to where I was shooting about 80/20 and started running good scores (for me lol). Like 75s up from the high 40s literally overnight because I could see the targets. And frankly even at 80/20 if I put the bead on the bottom of the target it breaks. This cured me of looking at anything but the target - and I was shooting 100 straights from 16 yards with my flat gun. Just a thought.... try a different clay target game to really learn focusing just on the target.

·
Registered
8,564 Posts
Great shooting, congratulations.
Finding out what works for YOU is and always has been the ultimate goal of each shooter.

·
Registered
116 Posts
A little downtime paid off in a big way for you. Do what works for you! Congratulations!!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys for al the congrats. Will be heading back to the club on Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts