Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The response to my listing on Gunbroker to sell my Baker Elite with Kornbrath engraving has been underwhelming to say the least.

I have now obtained a copy of Frank Conley's book "The American Single Barrel Trap Gun." The engraving on my Baker Elite, serial no. 48804 is striking similar to the engraving on the Baker Elite, serial no. 48928 from the collection at Cody. See Conley at p. 40.

My gun (the first photo) and the gun from the Cody Museum are pictured below. The wood in the Cody piece is in better condition but the game scene on my gun has more detail.

I am hoping my gun does not sell so that I can get it readied up for shooting and take it to the range myself!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Bushmaster1313,

If you truly want to keep this gun, then you should stop the auction now. Since there have been no bids and the reserve price has not been reached, you can stop the auction now without any problem or cost; just log-in and find the appropriate page to remove the item.

If you don't, you will run the risk of having the reserve price met on the last day or two, and then it will be a little more messy situation.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Greg535:

Excellent advice.

Auction is closed. I'm getting the Baker fixed up and I'm going to shoot it myself!

I will get the gun fitted with a very thin pad and let the next owner worry about trying to get a period correct pad with the correct LOP.

I'm still open to trading for a Model 21 trap.

Thank you Gregg535.

Lou

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.