Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And no one shot an eye out( that I know about) with all those grey plastic projectiles flying about.
A lawyers dream these days.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Rolls of caps are why my hearing is bad . roll of caps, hammer and a hard surface make a nice bang.
Yes they do and that great smell afterwards!!!!!!!! They should make that and Hoppes #9 a real mans cologne!!!!!

·
Registered
434 Posts
My first "reloading" experience was with a pistol that shot navy beans. Open the top cover pour beans in close cover and enjoy! All went well until one day I decided to hide and shoot cars that drove by........well you can probably figure out the ending.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My first "reloading" experience was with a pistol that shot navy beans. Open the top cover pour beans in close cover and enjoy! All went well until one day I decided to hide and shoot cars that drove by........well you can probably figure out the ending.
Oh wow, I remember vaguely remember one of those. The grocery store always had a good supply of beans... I'm going to have to do an Internet search.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I still have my toy cap gun that I got from my grandparents 55 years ago. It is in the style of a Colt Peacemaker and held a single cap. It is slightly larger than a half dollar. I shot a lot of caps through that little cap gun. What a neat toy.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I still have my toy cap gun that I got from my grandparents 55 years ago. It is in the style of a Colt Peacemaker and held a single cap. It is slightly larger than a half dollar. I shot a lot of caps through that little cap gun. What a neat toy.
Dont still have the gun, but I have the evidence.....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
874 Posts
Brings to my mind a gun a teenage cousin built in the 50's, lock stock and barrel. He used a piece of rigid plumbing tubing for the barrel and chambered it for .22 rimfire and bored (or close enough) for .177 cal. (BB gun projectile). Crude stock, hammer and trigger but he soldered some sort of sight on the barrel. He made a punch that he could cut out the powder part on roll caps and stack several inside of the empty rimfire cartridge, then a single BB and caped the end off with a thin layer of plumbers putty. The empty cartridges had a small hole drilled thru the base and a Greene Stickem Cap was pasted on the base to ignite the "powder charge" inside the "cartridge". My cousins brain was working full time at this early age thinking about sporting arms and later would become his lives work. Went on to get a Masters in Industrial Arts, trained for several months in England with some of their smiths, taught traditional muzzleloader building at Camp Friendship, taught smithing @ one of the few Tech Colleges that has gunsmithing and still smiths on classic double guns (shotguns and rifles) and engraves.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dont still have the gun, but I have the evidence.....

This picture is a time capsule. A gun in the hands of a toddler. An insulated box for the milkman deliveries and a broom to sweep the stoop.... I'm afraid the Best days may be behind us.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
This picture is a time capsule. A gun in the hands of a toddler. An insulated box for the milkman deliveries and a broom to sweep the stoop.... I'm afraid the Best days may be behind us.
My Grandparent's house in Linthicum, MD, summer of 1960. I was ~18 months old.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts