Trapshooters Forum banner
81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
MAJOR congratulations to that fine young man! The youth movement is the future of this sport! We need more like him out there!

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
My 12 year old son started shooting in March of this year. He started shooting with an AIM team from West KY. He has consistently been shooting 22 or better each round for the past month. He's shot several 23-24, but has always come up short on 25 straight around the #18-21 clay. Earlier this week he shot at the KY State Shoot and finally ran his first 25 straight on the 3rd set. He was so excited he couldn't stay focused and blew the last round with a 20. He finished the day shooting a 90 and 89. His squad took home 3rd place in sub jr team.

View attachment 1590397 View attachment 1590399

Congrates!

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
What is it with this thread? Is it a requirement to post on it before you reach 50? :ROFLMAO:
It's been resurrected so many times, Dr. Frankenstein would be proud!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
What is it with this thread? Is it a requirement to post on it before you reach 50? :ROFLMAO:
It's been resurrected so many times, Dr. Frankenstein would be proud!
It's my version of an online journal thread of his shooting accomplishments through the years. There are some who like to keep up with the kids, so instead of making several threads, I just add to this one. I also like to look back at where we started and how we got to where we are.

·
Registered
61 Posts
What is it with this thread? Is it a requirement to post on it before you reach 50?
Just in case it is I’m going to go ahead and comment…. I think it’s pretty cool. It’s great way to track the young man’s progress and accomplishments. Really easy for the young man and his father to look back on good times/memories as well. Even easier if we keep it at the top😜

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 · (Edited)
This came in the mail a few weeks ago. He won runner up in the AIM southern zone championship in sub jr. class B sponsored by Fiocchi shooting a 94/100 back in May.

Guitar accessory String instrument accessory Musical instrument accessory Tool Bicycle saddle

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
That is awesome. I love seeing our youth out shooting. My son is 11 and has fell in love with shooting. He still has some way to go but he is trying.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
That is awesome. I love seeing our youth out shooting. My son is 11 and has fell in love with shooting. He still has some way to go but he is trying.
As you know, throwing lead down range is the only way to improve. We have had to cut back due to shell costs and his inconsistent scores are showing it. He hasn't shot in a month and we went the other night and I think he broke 17 his first box. It was rough watching. By the 3rd box he did get up to 20/25. If he doesn't shoot 2-3 times per week it really shows. Unfortunately, he is going to have to deal with it and figure out a method that works with less practice.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Time to move so he can keep filling in the map........ :sneaky:

·
Registered
111 Posts
My 12 year old son started shooting in March of this year. He started shooting with an AIM team from West KY. He has consistently been shooting 22 or better each round for the past month. He's shot several 23-24, but has always come up short on 25 straight around the #18-21 clay. Earlier this week he shot at the KY State Shoot and finally ran his first 25 straight on the 3rd set. He was so excited he couldn't stay focused and blew the last round with a 20. He finished the day shooting a 90 and 89. His squad took home 3rd place in sub jr team.

View attachment 1590397 View attachment 1590399
Awesome!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
This popped up in my Facebook memories today. It is where the love for all things shooting started. He was 7 years old and got his first gun, a Mossberg 20 gauge mini bantam for Christmas. He instantly wanted to go squirrel hunting. Fast forward 7 years and he still loves shooting as much as my pocket book can afford. He's taken several squirrels, rabbits, doves, ducks, turkeys, and whitetail deer since then keeping our freezer full. Not to mention all the clays he has busted and the arrows he has flung.

Camouflage Military camouflage Cargo pants Squad Military uniform

81 - 94 of 94 Posts