Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an MX8 Ithaca import period and while my old MX3 and other MX8 stocks fit, the one I just purchased online was different inletting. I thought all MX fit, what is wrong here? Any information would be appreciated.

·
Registered
579 Posts
The more recent stocks are inletted differently to accommodate the different location of the top lever release. It's not difficult to remove enough wood from the stock to accommodate the different release location. Just look at the inletting side by side and see where you need to remove wood.

·
Registered
863 Posts
The cam, spring & plunger mechanism that holds the locking block to a open position and then releases the locking block as the barrel(s) are closed is on the left side on the early MXs, on the right side on the later ones. The Ithaca import being the early type but don't know when the change was made. A very small amount of inletting is needed for the cam mechanism to clear and function for a later type buttstock being installed on a early type action body.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perazzi MX8 stock.JPG
All very good stuff if I truly have an MX8 stock. I will try to post the picture comparing my #12 straight and Hampels MC #1.

·
Registered
7,663 Posts
This is what you have to do, it'll take 15 minutes of some (no need to be precise) wood working skill.
Note, you only need to remove less than 1/4" of the thickness.

P stock inlet II & IV-2.png

This is showing from old to new, in your case, remove the opposite side wood.

P stock inlet cut .jpg

Reactions: flabigpapa
1 - 7 of 7 Posts