Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My owners manual gives information about lube points on the hinges, barrel pivots, and fore end lug. There is no mention in the manual about lubrication to the ejectors or ejector sears. It seems to me that some sort of lubrication would be required periodically. Could someone give advice?

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
I like to lube any two metal surfaces that are moving against each other. I also clean the metal surfaces after shooting. I use a paint brush loaded with solvent and flood the surfaces and brush them out.

Pat Ireland

·
Strong Supporter of Trapshooting
4,727 Posts
I use lacquer thinner in a vibrionic cleaner that warms the solution.

THEN, I re-oil EVERYTHING, first with Rem Oil, then high pressure air to remove excess AND to force the Rem Oil down deep. I then use a super high quality oil that I got through the US Air Force computer technicians many years ago and pin-point it at the critical metal-to-metal surfaces.

I am make damn sure I keep some oil or aLube on the hinge's curves surfaces.

FYI

WW

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On my k80 it is easy to remove the extractors and clean out the groove that the extractor works in. On the Perazzi the extractor is spring loaded, how do I remove the extractor in order to clean the groove and re-oil?

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
I thought you were never supposed to "usa da greasea" on those P guns??? LOL----Matt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.