Wood Office supplies Gun accessory Metal Fashion accessory
Wood Gadget Office equipment Gun accessory Metal
Office supplies Wood Pen Writing implement Office instrument
Rectangle Wood Auto part Metal Fashion accessory
Pen Writing implement Office supplies Sleeve Wood

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Slick, out of curiosity would this barrel fit right onto an MX-2000? I have been thinking about moving from the un-single to a top single.

I still like to shoot my TM-1 with a C C Sietz barrel.

Thanks,

Bruce

·
Registered
136 Posts
Slick, out of curiosity would this barrel fit right onto an MX-2000? I have been thinking about moving from the un-single to a top single.

I still like to shoot my TM-1 with a C C Sietz barrel.

Thanks,

Bruce
Might need to be fitted to your reciever and the rib height will be about 1/2" lower than the 2000.
If you want a top single barrel that will match a MX2000's rib you will need a MX10 barrel.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dlkohn
May I ask what MX 2000 you are speaking about?
The MX2000 SB is a unsingle that has a rib height almost identical to the
MX2000/8 barrel.
Please explain which gun you are talking about. In no where in my identification of the barrel I have for sale did mention MX2000 RS!

Do your homework and I’m waiting for your reply.
Thanks

·
Registered
136 Posts
Dlkohn
MX2000/8 barrel.
Please explain which gun you are talking about. In no where in my identification of the barrel I have for sale did mention MX2000 RS!

Thanks
Not sure what a SB is but a MX10 and MX 2000 standard have the same rib height. Typically a MX2000 is a Unsingle and a MX10 is a top single, O/U barrels are the same.
The only difference between a them is the 2000 has a more engraved reciever.
A MX2000 RS has a slightly lower rib, about 3/16 ", and comes with a 3 or 4 notch rib o/u
barrels.
There is a newer version out that has been available for about two years that is called a mx2000/8 with fixed low profile ribs that is available in combos with 100%, 80% and 60% POI's. Gamemasters was the only one selling them to my knowledge but there is some used ones available thru other sources now.
The pics of the barrel you posted will not have the same POI as a standard MX2000 or MX10 without adjusting the comb.
Your barrel, from the pics, looks to be a 80 or 60% POI barrel with a figure 8 bead pattern.
It will not line vertically correct with any adjustable rib MX2000 as there will be approximately a 1/2" bead height difference at the tip of the barrel.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Dlkohn
MX2000/8 barrel.

Thanks
As slickhead stated the MX2000SB is comparable to the mx2000/8 top single rib height +/- a few hairs iirc. MX2000SB rib height is identical to that of an MX15/MX15L (MX15 has an extra adjustment notch, 6 total maybe?) and an adjustable variation of the MX14 simply stated. I've owned a few different barrels for my mx2000SB, the mx8 (mx8 special) or mx3 special barrels line up fairly well. Perazzi as a whole is complicated when attempting to build a combo, so many different rib height variants and weight variants; 11mm, 7mm, 10mm, 3/4/5/6 notch variants, half rib, International Trap/Skeet heights, field grade/tram line they've got it covered just pick one. The RS/DB (Adjustable/fixed) guns have a much higher rib than the others, then you have the TM variants of TMS/TM1/TMX/TM9/TM9X/TM10. This forum has a plethora of posts and members who know what height matches each set up, ask around or call Perazzi USA Al in California he's always happy to help.
If this was a type 3 barrel I'd likely be interested to make a combo.
*Note I probably got a few rib heights incorrect, but you get the point.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dlkohn
If you will look at the add that I posted you will see that I posted MX8 barrel.
Just to let everyone know which Perazzi this barrel will fit without much or perhaps no stock adjustments.
The MX8 rib height will be very close on the following models.
MX3 Special
MX8
MX9
MX 2000 SB ( Single Barrel)
MX2000 Sporting
GA88
GA1
I’m sure I may have missed one or two.

Mr Dlkohn
I don’t know if you ever thought about it but one can change their stock to the desired height they might be completely satisfied with.
You spoke of the MX2000 being the flagship basics for the 2000 series guns .
Where do you think the 2000 series derived from?
The answer is the MX8!!!!
WOW!!!!
Please Sir I ask you not to add anymore of your knowledge or comment on any thread that I have posted.
Thanks

·
Registered
136 Posts
Dlkohn
If you will look at the add that I posted you will see that I posted MX8 barrel.
Just to let everyone know which Perazzi this barrel will fit without much or perhaps no stock adjustments.
The MX8 rib height will be very close on the following models.
MX3 Special
MX8
MX9
MX 2000 SB ( Single Barrel)
MX2000 Sporting
GA88
GA1
I’m sure I may have missed one or two.

Mr Dlkohn
I don’t know if you ever thought about it but one can change their stock to the desired height they might be completely satisfied with.
You spoke of the MX2000 being the flagship basics for the 2000 series guns .
Where do you think the 2000 series derived from?
The answer is the MX8!!!!
WOW!!!!
Please Sir I ask you not to add anymore of your knowledge or comment on any thread that I have posted.
Thanks
I was just trying help bkt514, and by the way this is a OPEN forum! If you want privacy use the PM section!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Dlkohn, For your information I have shoot an MX8 top single barrel on my MX2000 and it worked fine . It is very close to the mx2000 unsingle rib height and can be fine tuned by adjusting the stock comb. Maybe you don't know as much as you think. This looks like a nice barrel.

·
Super Moderator
5,587 Posts
I was just trying help bkt514, and by the way this is a OPEN forum! If you want privacy use the PM section!
Actually, this is a for sale ad. I've let this back and forth go on in the hopes it might be helpful.

But make no mistake about it, ads are not open to just any old comments that people want to make.

Be respectful of the advertiser's wishes, or be gone.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes I forgot the
MX11
MX14

this barrel will work perfectly with their stock heights.
As I stated I knew that I forgot a couple
Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts