Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a MX 8 that doubles when shooting overhead targets. It does not happen on trap like targets only targets that require a vertical positioning of the barrel, such as a high overhead target. Has anybody eles experienced this type problem? What was the solution?

Thanking you in advance,

Ernie

·
Registered
451 Posts
I bet it is fan firing from recoil bounce in that position. Let someone else shoot your gun that is a good shooter and see if the gun doubles for them. If it doubles for them, then have it looked at. That is why I have extra trigger groups.

·
Premium Member
2,005 Posts
This seems to be an issue with the MX8. A few years ago a buddy of mine had the same issue with his MX8. He sent it to Lucio to get fixed and it still did it after it was fixed.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have a MX 8 that doubles when shooting overhead targets. It does not happen on trap like targets only targets that require a vertical positioning of the barrel, such as a high overhead target. Has anybody eles experienced this type problem? What was the solution?

Thanking you in advance,

Ernie
Assuming you hold onto the gun the same in both positions, one difference in firing vertical vs. horizontal is that besides the effect of recoil, gravity is also increasing the speed of travel of the inertial block when fired vertically. Don't know if this is part of the problem or not, but it seems a little strange that the gun works fine when fired in level position. John

·
Banned
2,644 Posts
This not a problem intrinsic to Perazzis. They are used reliably to shoot overhead targets all over the world. Considering the number of potential reasons, having a person who actually know what they're doing look at it seems a good idea. Personally I find it hard to believe that Lucio couldn't repair any Perazzi trigger if he was aware of the real problem.

JMO of course

·
Registered
893 Posts
sounds like the problem is just the opposite of the guys shooting sub gauge tubes out of a gun that was built for 12 ga. originally, the recoil/energy is not enough to move the inertia block. I've seen posts here that guys have the inertia block modified. also heard of similar issue with benelli autoloaders not fully cycling sometimes when guys are dryland hunting/possibly sitting in pits and shooting overhead.

·
Vendor
2,170 Posts
If one looks closely at a Perazzi trigger mechanism, the tree (that defines the firing order, top or bottom first) should ONLY engage one of the sears at a time. If the tree is properly engaging the sears, , then I would suspect the inertia block/spring or shooter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts