Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do all MX 15's have six notch ribs? I shoot one and it does. I have a friend that recently acquired an all numbers matching MX 15 and it has five notches. Serial number 92XXX. And the rib is slightly shorter than mine. My first take that it was a 2000 SBT barrel on it but with numbers matching and receiver saying MX 15. Is it possible it was special ordered? What's your take?
Thanks in advance,
Rich

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Hey Rich, likely was either ordered that way from Perazzi once upon a time or someone had a MX2000 barrel fitted to the receiver and then re-stamped to match the rest of the gun.

A few of the MX15s I've had were stamped "MX15" on the barrel as well as the receiver but that is not always the case. The two 15s I own now are stamped "MX15 2014" (year produced is stamped on newer guns) and "MX15L" on the barrels.

I've also seen Perazzi barrels that had (2) serial numbers; one that was the serial number when it left Perazzi and the other that was added when it was fit to a new/different receiver so that it would appear to be "numbers matching".

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
lhedrick1 got the answer you needed.
Serial number can be altered to match receiver. It really means less than what you'd think.

You said the rib is shorter than yours, so it might not be original. Do you have pictures?

I doubt anyone would want to special order a known successful full feature MX15 with one less notch adjustment to "handicap" it. I know it certainly wouldn't save any money by doing so. And it'll raise questions when you try to sell it later unless you have factory paper to prove it.
No logical.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts