Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont know much about P guns tell me a bit about the 14's and opinions on this model are appreciated.
Good used gun to purchase?
Will all Mx barrels fit ?
Does this model have anything particular about it?
I always hear DB81's shoot flat, how does the 14 compare?

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Good used gun to purchase? YES
Will all Mx barrels fit ? YES it is built on the MX8 Frame
Does this model have anything particular about it? The steel rib makes it a bit heavy, It has the plain receiver like the MX15 no sea shell sculpture
I always hear DB81's shoot flat, how does the 14 compare? It has the reputation of a flat shooter and no adjustable rib if that is important.

I like the gun but to each his own.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Not really a flat shooter! Your comb adjustment will determine the POI.
Also the MX14L has a very pretty upgraded receiver-with upgraded wood.
The steel rib is of no consequence. This gun points well and murders targets.
I have shot mine since August of 2004. No real issues at all.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reviews please, there has to be more than 3 guys shooting them or have shot them.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I have my TMX set up to shoot about 9" high at 40 yards by seeing just a little bit of space between the beads. If I wanted an Unsingle the MX-14 would be the gun for me as I personally do not need an adjustable rib.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Been shooting an MX14 since 2004.. (I think) I've got 200,000 + rounds through it.. one locking block and a few springs. It shoots where I'm looking and on select days outshines the rest. Good solid gun .. I really like the fixed choke and fixed rib.. I'm not much into adjusting every other week. I did upgrade to a Precision Fit Trigger.. best trigger on the market as far as I'm concerned.

Jerry B

1 - 9 of 9 Posts