Trapshooters Forum banner

Must be a cheddite primer

3488 Views 26 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  Steve12
Oops my fault
Wood Table Communication Device Wood stain Gas
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Premium Member
30,370 Posts
That's gonna take some mansplainin'. I still don't see the upside down thing. I see a raised center cup. Although I don't see the rim of the battery cup.
Focused it ain’t. The part you see is the fire port of the battery cup. Rim is down in the pocket, folded around the battery cup.

· Registered
112 Posts
Shouldn’t blame the primer manufacturer. Besides, the Cheddites I’ve primed have red lacquer painted on the top. This one doesn’t look like any of my Cheddites.
However, about 1 out of 50 primers dropped on my Mec 600 JR with the primer drop end up upside down due to an occasional sluggish, delayed drop. The absence of red color catches my attention (if I’m loading Cheddites).

· Premium Member
8,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I save my once fired and buy once fired AA. I have about 25000 once fired hulls. My fault four not checking the hull before loading in in my Patriot. With the auto drive I was going to fast. The Cheddite comments were a joke.
You guys were all talking about pierced primers. I pierced that one
Steve

· Registered
1,107 Posts
I save my once fired and buy once fired AA. I have about 25000 once fired hulls. My fault four not checking the hull before loading in in my Patriot. With the auto drive I was going to fast. The Cheddite comments were a joke.
You guys were all talking about pierced primers. I pierced that one
Steve
I assume or was this during reloading? Makes a big pop!

· Premium Member
8,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I still do not understand what happened here. Whatever happened, it makes a strong case for wearing safety glasses while reloading.
One of the empty hulls I was reloading had a live primer in it. The prime was upside down. When the press was pushing the primer out it exploded.
I don't know how the shell had a live primer in it. There is no powder involving this operation.
Steve

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.