Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Muscoda Sportsman's Club is located in Muscoda, Wisconsin, a community of approximately 1300 residents in the southwest corner of Wisconsin approximately 1 hour from Illinois, Iowa and Minnesota. MSC is a 6 trap club located on approximately 22 acres and is a non-profit organization. The club holds both ATA registered and non-registered trap shoots. The Muscoda Sportsman's Club is an active host of youth shooting (high school and college levels) as well as a member of the Amateur Trapshooting Association.

In the morning hours of July 15th, 2020, the Muscoda Sportsman's Club clubhouse/kitchen was completely destroyed by a fire as the result of an overnight lightning strike. As planning begins for rebuild, preliminary cost estimates to meet State requirements for the new building show that the Club will be incurring a considerable expense in the coming months. While the Club has insurance to cover part of the building and some of its contents, the money falls short of what is needed to rebuild.

The fire has not deterred Club members' tenacity though. In fact, as a display of perseverance, MSC members managed to restore power and shoot a few rounds of trap practice on the same day the fire occurred. This was after sifting through debris for hours to salvage any valuables earlier in the day.

Any amount of money you would be willing to donate to this cause would be forever appreciated by the Muscoda Sportsman's Club, it's members and guests.

Thank you for your support!

We look forward to seeing you all soon!

Donations can be made on-line thru GoFundMe.com:
Muscoda Sportsman's Club Clubhouse Rebuild organized by Matt Schneider

OR

Donations can also be dropped off at one of the upcoming shoots at MSC or checks made out to "Muscoda Sportsman's Club" can be mailed to:

Matt Schneider
23296 Bomkamp Rd
Muscoda, WI 53573

OR

The Riverdale Trapshooting Team is also conducting a calendar raffle ($10/ticket). If interested in purchasing tickets please contact:

Brad Bomkamp
392 Castle Wynd Drive
Loves Park, IL 61111
[email protected]
630-750-1272
MSC before.jpg
MSC fire2.jpg
MSC nothing but foundation4.jpg
RTT raffle ticket.jpg
MSC before.jpg
MSC fire2.jpg
MSC before.jpg
MSC fire2.jpg
MSC nothing but foundation4.jpg
RTT raffle ticket.jpg

·
Registered
661 Posts
Ya. I was on the go fund me site. I'm in Wis, but have never shot at this club....but they run a lot of ATA shoots and have a youth program. They're pretty active, it seems.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I've donated...I shoot there whenever I can. Great people, great club. There was lots of history on the walls of the old clubhouse, they saved all of it I think and I hope the new clubhouse will be better than ever.
Virgil Bomkamp (Wisconsin Hall of Famer) runs a tight ship there. I think the whole Bomkamp family is involved...... Great club and people, one of my favorite clubs.

Ed Schlotfeldt

·
Registered
665 Posts
Anybody helping these folks out with a donation?
Argyle Rod and gun club had a raffle for them at our last chicken shoot -- Sent them a check along with our four teems shooting registration, in the largest team shoot in Wisconsin -Held at Muscoda this coming September 6 -- look like they still have slots open for some more teams. - great fun and would also help out a great club!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I was told yes they had insurance but as with most tragedies its never enough to cover the cost of rebuilding. A few dollar donation will sure help this wonderful club out.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, the Muscoda Sportsman's Club did have insurance. As previously mentioned, unfortunately it will not be enough to cover the rebuild costs.

Yes, we have been receiving donations, but we also want to do some fundraising activities where our members could get involved.

Thanks for all the words of support, the MSC members and volunteers REALLY appreciate it!!

Brad Bomkamp

·
Registered
9,400 Posts
Okay gents, here's the plan, I will donate up to $100.00 when matched by some other folks on this forum. Donations can be any amount from several folks or one donation of $100.00 from some generous person here. If you want to remain anonymous just list the donation as anonymous here.
Let's help this club!

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
We will send a check for $100. And we will need to get 2 of the calendars as well.

The Bartholows

Also, Brad I will give you a call tomorrow

Bud

·
Registered
295 Posts
I talked to Brad and Virgil yesterday at the Cassville ATA, I asked Brad if there were going to be any tickets there and they both came to Cassville Conservation Club (another great Wisconsin club) to get me tickets! That's service!
Any way.... Virgil told me they have another meeting next week and it looks like the building will be erected this fall and they will work to finish it this winter. It will be bigger, with improvements to the layout over the old building. With what Brad described to me indicates they have thought this through very well and by next spring should have a functional clubhouse.
This is a great club with great people, I plan on visiting it as much as I can. I can't wait for the smell of deep fried curd wafting over the trap line next year. These are high quality buttermilk dipped breaded curd..... the way to a fat trap shooters heart!

I wish this club the best in the recovery effort. I am confident they will rebound and be viable next spring. Virgil thanked me for my donation and said the money being raised will make a big difference in the rebuilding efforts.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I talked to Brad and Virgil yesterday at the Cassville ATA, I asked Brad if there were going to be any tickets there and they both came to Cassville Conservation Club (another great Wisconsin club) to get me tickets! That's service!
Any way.... Virgil told me they have another meeting next week and it looks like the building will be erected this fall and they will work to finish it this winter. It will be bigger, with improvements to the layout over the old building. With what Brad described to me indicates they have thought this through very well and by next spring should have a functional clubhouse.
This is a great club with great people, I plan on visiting it as much as I can. I can't wait for the smell of deep fried curd wafting over the trap line next year. These are high quality buttermilk dipped breaded curd..... the way to a fat trap shooters heart!

I wish this club the best in the recovery effort. I am confident they will rebound and be viable next spring. Virgil thanked me for my donation and said the money being raised will make a big difference in the rebuilding efforts.
It was nice seeing you Saturday Ed. Thanks so much for purchasing 5 of the calendar raffle ticket even though you had already generously donated thru GoFundMe. It is because of patrons like you that we continue to do what we do and are dedicated to rebounding stronger than ever. Take care!
Brad

·
Registered
665 Posts
wish this club the best in the recovery effort. I am confident they will rebound and be viable next spring. Virgil thanked me for my donation and said the money being raised will make a big difference in the rebuilding efforts
VIABLE BY BY NEXT SPRING??????? this group is the hardest trap shooting group I now -- Already had a registered shoot {with out a club house} and about to have the largest team shoot in Wisconsin over labor day week end.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
bump to top. if anyone know how to do this without commenting I would appreciate some feedback. I asked one of the site administrators and they never got back to me.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts