Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if there is a shotgun that can be easily converted to be suitable to for any clay sport? I used to see O/U's with interchangeable barrels but don't hear much about those anymore.

·
Sky Buster
4,187 Posts
I'm wondering if there is a shotgun that can be easily converted to be suitable to for any clay sport? I used to see O/U's with interchangeable barrels but don't hear much about those anymore.
Beretta's new A400 Multi Target is just what your looking for. With
the adjustable rib and comb plus choke tubes, you can shoot any game.

·
Registered
25,284 Posts
870/1100/1187

Set the comb up to float the clay above the bead and it can be used for any sport.

Or use an adjustable comb. At least one model 1100 comes with an adjustable comb.

Barrel swaps are easy. You can use a heavy trap barrel, then switch to a light contour barrel for skeet and sporting clays.

There are lots of factory and aftermarket parts available to customize or personalize these guns.

I set my 1187 up and use it for both trap and sporting clays. I just switch the barrel from a 30" trap barrel to a 28" light contour. I like to keep the POA/POI the same for all my shotguns, so even my field guns have monte carlo stocks at the same comb height. For that matter, I could take my trap gun hunting with the light contour barrel if I wanted, but I prefer to use my camo synthetic stocked gun.

And, of course, the 1100/1187 have soft recoil because they are gas autos.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That Beretta A400 multi-target has me checking my fun-fund balance! Wondering if anyone at the club will let me try their high-rib gun to see how it works for me. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
124 Posts
For me, 1st choice Beretta A400 multi-target, choice 2 Fabarm XLR5.

Now ask me what I can afford! Not those...

:sport36:

·
Registered
25,284 Posts
For me, 1st choice Beretta A400 multi-target, choice 2 Fabarm XLR5.

Now ask me what I can afford! Not those...

:sport36:
Exactly, which is why an 1100 or 1187 is attractive. If you have the budget, go for it. If not, buy something affordable.

In my case I wanted my field gun and my sub-gauge guns to be the same as my trap gun, and several 1187s and an 1100 were vastly less expensive than the competition.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Just about any gun can be shot for any sport. The old saying what out for a guy that only owns one gun. he can shoot.
For me as long as I have room in my safe I will gun a new gun.
I just got the Beretta A400 multitarget. I have to say it is a very nice gun. Easy pointer , low recoil, very good balance and low weight.
A package we want in a gun and the new Beretta has it.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Perazzi MX 10s get my vote. I know there are a lot of guns out there with adjustable ribs, but most have not proven their worth over the long run. Like a few of the posters have said, and I am one that advocates this; find a gun you like and shoot it for everything and you will be much better off.
D

·
Registered
917 Posts
I use my Citori & Crossover (both) for multiple sports (trap, skeet & sporting). First set it up (combs) "on axis" horizontally (at 13 yards shooting distance) then adjust the combs (both are adjustable) up & down for the proper height for each sport. They work fine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts