Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the clubs I frequent over here in South Africa is in the process of installing a "Multi-Pull" Coin-Op system on some of their trap fields.

This is the first time I have ever seen this brand.

It has some unique features. Not sure if I like them or not.

First, it only arms one microphone at a time.

Second, there is no way (as far as I can tell) to tell it where you want to stand if there are fewer than 5 shooters on a squad. It tells you.

One coin, you start on station one.<br>
Two coins, station one and three.<br>
Three coins, stations one, three, and five.<br>
Four coins, stations one, two, three, and four.

That's it.

And, when the squad leader calls to see one, or a "sighter" as they call them over here, someone has to reset the machine to tell it to throw a target at station one again.

Same if you get a broken target. Someone has to reset the machine to tell it to throw a target at that station again.

I get the feeling this setup was intended for Olympic or Universal Trench, as it can accept up to 6 shooters.

Anyone seen one like this in the USA?

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
I shot a system like that at the bunker trap at the Prado Olympic Shooting Park in Chino, California about 15 years ago. There was no puller. I had to walk over and reset the machine whenever I got a broken bird. Hated it and quit after two rounds.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Yes... Its made by Electro Progretti in Italy. The EP system is one of the standard Olympic Clay Target System. We have one on or bunker but don't us the Coin system. The Central part of this system is a computer controlled Voice Cal system. Each of our microphones has a back up button on it. If you get a broker bird you just press the button and it backs up ask you can reshoot. Its really a great system.

T

·
Premium Member
11,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tom,

It seems like a nice system, but the one they installed at the ATA range here does not have the pushbutton.

They do have the pushbuttons on the Olympic and Universal Trench ranges.

The limitations just seem a little inconvenient for ATA shooting. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

·
Banned
2,372 Posts
We have a coin operated system at our range that was a waste of money. It tells shooters we don't trust you and needs a lot of attention with broken birds or squads that talk. We simply don't use it. Fred

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
RE: a lot of attention with broken birds

Can't say I don't see much of that now days. If your club has repeated instances of broken targets, either the maintenance program needs serious attention or time for new machines.

And, "can't trust all shooters". Some will rip you off in a second.

Still waiting on the club to report there bottom line didn't improve after installing such systems.

·
Premium Member
2,940 Posts

Coin operated systems are very limited in what they can do. RFID payment systems are more efficient and require less maintenance. We have "TARGET MANAGER" RFID card systems for trap, skeet, 5 Stand, and sporting clays. All are wireless and can be used with Canterbury Voice Release systems or the EZPULL releases. One unit can control both trap and skeet on an overlay field and the 5 stand will monitor 8 traps.

Your members prepay for targets (rounds of 25 for trap & skeet & 5 stand, individual targets for sporting.),guests get a pre loaded card in exchange fit their drivers license and pay up after they shoot when you read the card.

Above are some photos of the equipment. Please give me a call if your club is loosing targets/ money to poachers or forgetful people....we can help. Thanks!

Bob Schultz - 800-684-6329

·
Premium Member
2,940 Posts
Yes,that's a solar charger on the post and the barrel. We use a 6V wet cell battery and a solar charger when we don't have 120V AC near the RFID reader. The solar charger/battery combo will run for about 2 years before the battery goes bad. New batteries on Amazon are about $10.

Skeet or combination field units are powered up by 120V current at the high house.

Thanks for the emails!

Bob

·
Registered
13,614 Posts
One of the clubs around here (skeet/trap/sporting club) discovered it was getting paid for less than 50% of the targets thrown! And they throw a LOT of targets every year.

They were the first to go to coin boxes, now 3 or 4 other local clubs have installed them as well. The only people put off by them were the ones that spent 2 hours down on the skeet field, then came back and paid for 2 rounds...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts