Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have considered purchasing Muller Chokes for my Browning 725. Wonder if the cost of these chokes is justified. Also the fact that I see quite a few Muller Chokes for sale on various gun sites. Have individuals purchased these chokes and become dissatisfied with them??

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have 1 person on my youth team that uses them for his 725 and swears by them. I don't think that they're much better than cheaper chokes though. They are light though and easy to clean and they stay in with hand tightening

·
Banned
890 Posts
I switched out all of the chokes for my guns and switched to Mullers. For whatever reason my scores went up. I have no intention of selling any of mine. Super easy to clean! I like that. And, yes. To me they are worth every penny.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Hello: They just seem to work very well for the gun games I play. Easy to clean, light in weight and pattern very well. I am using them in Beretta mobil and Optima barrels. As for cost you will just need a U3 for trap and I like the U1 for the Optima barrel for skeet. For mobil barrel the U2 for trap and the U0 for skeet. Are they worth it I think so and I also have Briley and factory Beretta chokes. Thanks, Eric

·
Registered
76 Posts
I purchased two Muller chokes a U2 and a U3 for my MX2000 Perazzi. I honestly can not say that they pattern any better on paper or break targets any harder than my Briley choke tubes. They are very easy to clean and they do not tend to back out once they have been tightened in the barrel. I can not say that I am dissatisfied, but I don't plan on purchasing additional tubes.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I have a set of Mullers for my DT-11 and really love the U2 for singles and caps on the 20. They pattern very well, and customer service is great. I was using U2 & U3 on my O/u for doubles and the second choke I put in was loosening up because I couldn't get a good grip on it so I got one of Jim's wrenches and that solved the problem. I have some Briley's too but the Muller seem to be a bit more forgiving. Steve

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have 10 Muller chokes for my Blasers and 3 for my Beretta 391. Only 1 was purchased new, all others I bought used at big savings. Many of them on the classifieds here. With my reloads the patterns appear to be more even than the factory chokes. As others have said, they are super easy to clean. Obviously I have confidence in them or I would not have so many and that's all that matters to me.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I tried them in a Beretta 391, and didn't see any difference between Mueller and factory Optima. Sold them both, JMO, not worth the extra cash.

·
Thorn in your side
8,117 Posts
I bought one. Shot it twice. Didn't like it. Never shot it again.

Also I measured it when I got it, and it didn't spec correctly. I emailed Muller, and didn't really get a good reply. I won't ever buy another one. I'll stick to the Brileys for my Blaser, and factory brownings for my Browning.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have the U3 and U4. I like the way they pattern with buffered pot shooting loads. I primarily use the U4. I use them on a BT-99 MAX and a BT-100.

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
EEB, I wonder the same thing - people with Müllers make such a big deal of how easy they are to clean. Do people actually have trouble cleaning other brands of choke? What could that trouble possibly consist of? I spray 'em off with some canned stuff and run a brass brush down the bore and they all seem clean to me, with little or no effort at all, whatever their brand. How could Müllers be easier than that?

Neil

·
Registered
691 Posts
Hello: I had one brand of chokes that would buildup so bad after only 100 rounds that I would have to scrap the buildup out of them. I tried soaking them in Ed's Red to help clean them up but it did not help. I ended up selling that brand of chokes. With the Muller's I just use a brass brush and they are clean. I really do like the light weight of them also for skeet and 32" barrels. I do have chokes from Beretta and Briley and they work well also. The Muller's are setup different in there constrictions compared to the others but once you figure out what you need they work well. I do find it interesting that some other choke companies are offering coated chokes now. Thanks, Eric

·
Banned
890 Posts
Since I clean my guns after each use I find that a wire brush is not even necessary with my Mullers.

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Tested and tried the Mullers in my XT. Didn't pattern any better than my extended Briley tubes. Sold them and sticking with Briley tubes. Ralph

·
L'Étoile du Nord
497 Posts
I purchased three Mullers for a Beretta. There was nothing special about them. I have always been a Briley guy, but admittedly I'm one of those guys who can get suckered into the next "new" thing. I got the Mullers out of my system now and if I ever need to purchase choke tubes again I would stick with the Brileys.

I would encourage you to buy one though. Come on, live on the dangerous side. If you don't like it you can sell it for $60. So in reality, isn't it worth checking out if all you're risking is $15? Good luck and have fun experimenting.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts