Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking into the barrel of a gun, perhaps. this is gonna be beautiful. i wonder who's watching the suez canal? $10 a gallon gas by valentines day? good luck with it

·
Registered
14,803 Posts
no s7it. This not gonna be good for our recovery. Gas will rise, and stocks will fall.

Too bad we don't have about 2,000 oil wells that are "shovel ready"

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
We would have oil if the Libtards would allow drilling in ANWR. What good is "saving it for our children" if we go into a world wide depression now?

The very young typically suffer the most in severe depressions.

·
Registered
340 Posts
We've seen this script play one too many times.

A strongman/dictator, propped up by US support (US$, arms, troops) stays in power 20+ years longer than he should have (okay, because the country is strategically important), then the people decides they've had enough, risks life and limb to protest...there's violence (hopefully a peaceful resolution)

To name a few in recent memory:
Ngo Dinh Diem in Vietnam
Salvador Allende in the DR
Manuel Noriega in Nicaragua
Ferdinand Marcos in the PI (my personal favorite)
The Shah of Iran
Saddam Hussein (after we decided he's no longer useful)

Some good stuff, though:
Bay of Pigs - okay technically not a victory
The Contras in Nicaragua
Mujahedins in Afghanistan (Awesome! - ooops, that produced the Taliban, but still, they created the pretext for 2 fabulous wars)

Here's your chance to participate (btw - I'm trying to slight as many people as possible, please don't be offended if I overlooked your personal peeve):

Who going down next (Hosni Mubarak, for example)?

Is it going to be good as in deposing that midget Mahmoud Ahmadinejad (spelling?) - this would be hilarious and profitable.

I'd like to hear your world views.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.