Trapshooters Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm not certain of who did the backbore work, although they stopped short of the choke tubes and left 0.005" constriction into the choke tube, presumably to keep the tube from getting caught by the shot column. The last gun I had done, they did this, but I had them take the last bit out as well, and had Seminole make chokes with the correct clearances. So, for now, I'm stuck with Improved cylinder as my most open choke even with the tubes removed. I may have that fixed and new tubes made if I get serious about competition sporting again. Currently, I'm gravitating to FITASC, so open chokes aren't needed. From that above, I'm sure you can tell it's choked tubed.

I finished the releases and will try to get some pics up on how that came out. I couldn't stand the wood color mismatch and currently refinishing the grip and forend.
Thank you for the reply! That is wild looking! Unique for sure! Love how the electrical arc makes the Lightning design in the wood! Amazing!
Morg

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
As promised, I eventually got around to putting a post about my release mechanism together. It's more solid than it looks as all the connections are silver soldered other than the bearings. There are three sets of bearings. One set contacts the trigger arm, one set is where the release hooks pivot where they connect to the trigger frame and the final set are attached to the hammers where the hooks catch them after setting the trigger.
Release Hook Working Roller Metal Assembly  1.png
Release Hook Working Roller Metal Assembly  2.png

Here are some shots of it in the gun.

IMG_20190201_184253.jpg

IMG_20190201_184334.jpg

IMG_20190201_184447.jpg

Please forgive the filth, apprentice marks, and markup dye not yet cleaned away. After getting a few hundred rounds through them, I plan to make a "pretty" set. Inletting the stock was a bit of a challenge, but I got it done and everything functions smoothly. The bearings really make it smooth. I was able to keep barrel selection and safety function as well. Converting back to pull is as easy as removing the bearings from the hammers in the event someone wants to borrow it.

I'm now fitting a full set of Briley subgauge tubes I picked up for $300 to it and extending the height of the case so it all fits.

·
Premium Member
3,132 Posts
After your pretty set is made, you could offer that mechanism up for sale here ???
I'm sure they'd sell.
OUTSTANDING

41 - 44 of 44 Posts