Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is with great sadness that the death of Mr. Ray Moser is announced. Mr. Moser was an Wisconsin State Hall of Fame member having been inducted in 2002. In his later years, Mr. Moser was a driving force in seeing a dream of his completed, a Wisconsin State Homegrounds. Unfortunately he was not able to see the project completed, but was able to witness a big part of it completed and used by not only the shooters of WI but also our friends from around the country.

I had the honor of shooting with Mr. Moser on several occasions. I'll never forget the sight of him standing on the trapline leaning on his 90-T. As he got into his later years, Mr. Moser had some breathing difficulties from time to time, and he would literally lean on his trusty 90-T. I asked him if he was ever worried about the hinge giving way. He laughed and said not with this gun, it's built solid.

Mr. Moser was preceded in death by his beloved wife, Wy who he shared a love of dancing with.

Deepest Blessings and condolences to the Moser Family. Keep Dancing and Shooting in heaven Ray !!

·
Registered
10,055 Posts
Ray worked with my son in-law's grandfather years ago. Nothing but good things to say about Ray. I knew Ray since 1970 and he was one of the good guys out at the club. RIP my friend.
Steve Balistreri
Wauwatosa Wisconsin

·
Registered
970 Posts
This is truly sad news. Without Ray, we would not have the tremendous facility we have today in Wisconsin. He was a great man and leaves behind a wonderful legacy.

RIP Ray.

Tim

·
Vendor
19,849 Posts
Recall him well from my So WI years...Great guy. Accepted his trap ability for what it was and had a great time doing it. 260 thousand targets and could not wait to get back the next weekend.

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
Ray was a true gentleman. Had the honor of shooting with him, and speaking of the new grounds, several times at the smaller shoots in the area. He would hold that "Diamond Grade" his words, 90-T with a high hold and call for the bird. Once in the clubhouse he would break out the dancing pictures, of all of the beautiful ladies. This was later of course. A true legend in Wisconsin Trapshooting. I can hear his soft steps dancing up above. Rest assured, he will be dancing in the Club House once it is built. RIP Mr. Moser. Jon

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Leo and I had the pleasure of sitting across from Ray at the first WI state shoot (and Leo's last registered shoot) at a supper under the tent at their new home grounds in 2013. He was a true gentleman. Our sport is lessened by his passing. My sympathies to his family.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
It was always a fun day shooting with or talking to Ray at the shoots. Years past Ray and myself was in a shoot off for doubles at the Bristol buckle shoot. When it was over I won the shoot off, Ray said you know that is the one buckle I wanted and then we laughed as he had a chest full of buckles over the years (it always came up when we would see each other at the shoots). Ray was the best. RIP my friend. Andy

·
Registered
951 Posts
Ray will be missed by all the shooters of Wisconsin.

A lot of people didn't really get his sense of humor. He was a very funny guy.

I shot with him earlier this year at one of the shoots at the Homegrounds. We sat and had a good talk about what he really wanted the facility to end up looking like. He was a very down to earth type of person and his expectations for the Homegrounds were just that. Ray had an amazing head for business. Hence his success in life.

One of my best recollections of Ray was at Waukesha for a state shoot some maybe 20 years ago. We were going out to shoot the third house when he couldn't find his shooting glasses. The whole squad looked all over and even went back to the last trap. We looked for a good 10 minutes. Yup no one noticed they were on his head.

Keep on dancin Ray.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts