Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its time to win something for your Sweetheart!!!

On Saturday, February 8th, the Minneapolis Gun Club will be hosting our annual Valentine Jackpot Shoot.

Shoot a 25 straight in either Singles or Handicap and take home a very nice heart shaped box of candy.

And, shoot the event 3 times or more and your name will be entered for a random drawing to win this 10k, 1/4cttw diamond pendant.

This is in addition to the daily cash payouts!!!

The weather is supposed to be clear and a little warmer, a good day to bust some birds and bring home sweets for your sweetheart.....and maybe that diamond pendant.

Shooting starts at 10:00 AM. Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I bet the Gay Pride Engineer wishes he could be there to win a couple things for Brucie and Big Bruno.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Denny, I don't think Brucie or Bruno would look this good in the necklace....

Shootin starts at 10:00 AM.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Jimmy, you know you just made Zardoz drool, don't you? :)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I almost forgot....we start serving breakfast at 9:00 AM. One of the most complete menu's you find at a gun club.

Served by one of the beautiful Minnesota Home Grown ladies.

Bring lots of bullets.....

Jimmy Bowen

·
Registered
816 Posts
Sometimes people wonder how the Minneapolis Gun Club gets so many good looking young ladies to work there. Then we look at the club president and we realize they feel safe!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hey.........come on guys.........Jimmy is the friendliest and nicest guy I know.........and if all his pictures didn't look like he just got a colonoscopy everyone one would see him for the sweetheart that he is!!!

Big (Jimmy fan) Dan

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Big Dan, for god's sake...don't mention colonoscopy when Gay Pride is reading.

He gets so excited...

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here is one of the previous diamond pendant winners......

What I can't post is when a certain Kreighoff shooter wanted to put it around 'ol Big Dan's neck. Oh boy.

C'mon out, enjoy the day and bust some clays. And bring home sweets for the sweet.

Jimmy Bowen

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ha, talk about "moon eyes", that man is in love with something.

This is what winning the MGC Diamond Pendant can do for you.

Jimmy Bowen

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Another good shoot in the books. The weather cooperated, just a few snow flakes and then some cloud filtered sunshine with light winds. The competition was fierce, as usual, and for a while it looked like Dennis Kecker was going to have top score right to the end. Then came along Leo Switala. For the first half of the jackpot season Leo was there every week posting scores but not hitting the Lewis Class scores because of the long run tie breakers.....until a couple weeks ago. He's learned to keep his composure and put the strings together. Nice shooting Leo....and Dennis. Thanks to everyone who shot today....and Happy Valentine's Day.

1st Class....Leo Switala 47....Dennis Kecker 47

2nd Class....Leo Switala 44....Joe Marino 4

3rd Class....David Maples 42....Dennis Again 42

4th Class....Doug Dingman 40....Len Lindquist 40

5th Class....Dennis "Yeah I can shoot like the rest of you" Again 39....Mark Cameron 39

Ties = Singles from the back then Singles from the front then Handicap from the back.

The Heart Shaped Box of Chocolate for 25's.....Dennis Kecker....Big Dan Ward....Ray Steffenson....Scott Steffen....Leo Switala. Nice shooting guys. Consolation Drawing for the candy....Jimmy Bowen....Steve Brug...Joe Marino...Dennis Mink....Troy Smith.

We had Mickey draw for the 2014 MGC Heart Shaped Diamond Pendant.....

And the winner was...........

Thanks again everyone, it made for a fun day.

Jimmy Bowen

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tim, eye contact!!!!! :>)

We're fortunate to have a bunch of Wisconsin shooters make the trek to MGC to take part in the festivities. Even MIA Jack.

Jimmy Bowen

·
Registered
962 Posts
Jimmy,

If weren't down near Madison I would definitely make a trip to your club.

Simply can't justify that long of a drive these days.

Tim

·
Registered
816 Posts
Gosh, I hear Jimmy is hosting all past winners of the pendant for the whole weekend next year. Drinks, steaks, after hours party games. I hear the main party is planned for the gay 90's in downtown Minneapolis. Should be a grand time Jimmy. Maybe you should add the Lit and his flock to your list of guests. It would likely give Big Dan a little comfort and companionship since you wouldn't have much time for him what with your other guest(s).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts