Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Saturday, November 23rd, the Minneapolis Gun Club will be hosting their annual Thanksgiving Turkey Jackpot Trapshoot.

We'll be awarding a succulent, ready to cook turkey's to bring home to the family for Thanksgiving. Shoot a 25 and you'll get the bird and win a nice prize. :>)

IF we don't end up with ten 25's we'll have a random drawing, cut cards, roll the dice, drop down to 24's shot, or something. One way or another we'll be giving 10 turkeys away.

Shooting starts at 10:00 AM and goes until 3:00 PM. This will be in addition to the daily cash payouts.

So, c'mon out, enjoy the day and bust some clay's AND take home Thanksgiving dinner.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

·
Registered
816 Posts
Succulent???? Kind of a big word for some one of Polish heritage don't you think Jimmy?? Were you describing the turkeys or maybe a certain acquaintance of yours?

·
Vendor
19,403 Posts
He dropped the "iak" at the end (Boweniak) jsut so he could sit at the trap table. We no longer allow him to count and do math, but still allow him the fabled "coin toss"

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'mmmmm backing Jimmy on this one, According to Google: Succulent means as follows., Targets will be 1. full of juice; therefore juicy. 2. rich in desirable qualities. 3.affording all shooters mental nourishment.

ooops, I guess Jimmy was talking Turkey.

Birddog

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is a picture of a bunch of turkey's from last years Thanksgiving Turkey Jackpot. Tomorrow is gonna be cold so bundle up. But, it will be a sunny day and the targets will be set so you can hit 'em.

Bruce, you have to consider that the Pride Engineer is getting old and just isn't as sharp as he used to be. In fact, he's on his way to Fla. right now so he feels more at home with older folks. We all know he's been challenged for a long time in choosing his shooting equipment and separating good from bad so hopefully the company he keeps down there will give him some piece of mind. We'll see.

Jack Man, I have yet to have as many "names" as you do....but I'm working on it. Pretty settled in on the couple I have now. Bringing some vino tomorrow?? What you left last week was enjoyed by the after shooting crowd.

Start time is 10:00 AM.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy BOWEN.....yeah baby.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Birddog, I have found "succulent" to have many different meanings. It can be a piece of fruit, a prime cut Porterhouse, an acquaintance, or an item of excellence, say, a custom, made for you shotgun.

Now, that grizzled old Pride Engineer has yet to experience that last item. For some reason he can't bring himself to pull himself away from those "made for the masses" German smoke poles. Someday he'll "smell the roses".

C'mon out, enjoy the day and bust some clays....at MGC....Saturday.

Jimmy Bowen

·
Registered
304 Posts
Jimmy

Them turkeys look frozen and it is only going to be 18 degrees on Sat. Your neighbor to the Northwest is giving away smoked turkeys on Sunday and temp will be in the 30's. I have to make a decision...

birddog

·
Registered
304 Posts
Hey Jimmy,

Does that bottle of Crown Royal come with my turkey.....

That could help me with the decision making...(I would expect a full bottle
though).

Birddog

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Birddog, the Blue Bag Club opens AFTER the shooting is ended, and yes, there will be some to enjoy. Don't know if it will make it home with the turkey though....once the seal is broken there is usually a 3 point toss with the cap. :>)

Jimmy Bowen

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On a day like this the only thing you can do is look back and be thankful for the nice weather we've had so far. It was cold today!!! Lots of sunshine with a west breeze but temps in the mid teen's. But, the turnout was real good, thanks to everyone who shot today. The 25's were just a few so we went with the next best score until all the birds were awarded.

From MGC to everybody, Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

1st Class....Scott Steffen 45.....Curt Peterson 45

2nd Class....Jimmy Bowen 42.....Scott Messenger 42

3rd Class....Mark Hintz 39.....Leo Switala 39

4th Class....Glenn Linden 34.....Mark Cameron 34

Ties = Singles from the back

Turkey Winners

25's Shot....Scott Steffen....Terry Peterson....Jimmy Bowen

24's Shot....Scott Messenger....Curt Peterson....Leo Switala....Dennis Kecker

23's Shot....Mark Hintz....Troy Smith....Mark Ollig

We'll host our Christmas Ham Shoot on December 21st. Mark your calender, hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

·
Registered
816 Posts
Jimmy won a Turkey!!! You got to be kidding me. They must have set the targets the way he likes them again, high and hard. Jimmy seems to like everything hard. Must be he's lacking in that department somewhere.

Well, it's nice to see old Jimmy get something right. The poor guy hasn't broke a 25 in months. I hope he celebrated Saturday night. Let's see, a little Bailey's, mood music, and a blue pill and Jimmy might have been "up" to the challenge. The first 25 in months followed by his first "event" in years, why not Jimmy, go for it.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Hey mark, I'm really surprised to hear you moved to Florida because of your interest in insects. I had no idea you were into that.

At least, that's what I think it is...everyone says you like buggery.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Now Lit, we all know your taste for sheep is well documented. The Velcro gloves, the skin tight hip boots worn under your pants, and the wool fibers on your clothes are enough to establish your fetish. Attempting to cast doubt on others sexuality will not solve your problem. You need years of intensive therapy and unfortunately even then you may fall back to your old ways.

I don't know what brought on this unfounded attack on me. I suppose though your termination as speech writer for Obama may have initiated this latest attack on others. But gosh Lit, when you write "if you like your health plan you can keep your health plan", you need to be correct.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts