Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Saturday December 21st, the Minneapolis Gun Club will be hosting our Christmas Ham Jackpot Trapshoot.

Shoot a 25 and you'll bring home a nice ham for Christmas dinner. The 25 straight can be in Singles or Handicap, one ham per shooter. If the ham's aren't awarded by 25's we'll find some way to give away 10 really nice hams. This will be in addition of the daily Lewis Class payout and the $100.00 for a 50 straight shot.

The temperature is supposed to be OK, the winds will be light, the sun will be shinning and the targets will be set so you can hit 'em.

Shooting starts at 10:00 AM and goes until 4:00 PM.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Is this a registered shoot?

Is there a ham for "Most Handsome Man?"

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Zardo....we've got a new cook. I'll have to introduce her to you.

Lit, you damn right we'll have a Handsome Man Contest. Grand prize will be dinner at a local steak house or a weekend in Cupcake Zarhar's coach. Winners choice.

As far as registered???? Naw, we have fun shootin some targets with the pressure off. But, I'll tell you, at the end of the day that one target makes a big difference on the banter/bs meter. It can get pretty brutal. Hell, they even pick on the poor guy flippin the coin.

Start time 10:00 AM.....Saturday.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Today is the day....the birds are singing, the sun is shinning, the winds are light, and winter solstice is at 11:00 AM. We're turning the corner. Pretty soon we'll be warmer than Tucson.

Christmas Ham Shoot starts at 10:00 AM.

C'mon out, enjoy the day and bust some clays.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yes, it is "cold" here in Tucson. Only in the 50's today. So, instead of shooting, the oven is on baking cookies. It keeps the 5th wheel warm and it smells good too! Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
C E, those cookies would have hit the spot today!!!!

A good Christmas Ham Shoot at MGC today. There were bunches of 25's and all the hams were awarded with ease!! At least some of them made it look easy. We had a great turnout, and a few new names in the winners list. Thanks to everyone who shot, stopped by, and made it an enjoyable day at MGC. Now for the scores.

1st Class....Curt Peterson 48.....Scott Steffen 48

2nd Class....Randy Jones 45.....Scott Steffen 45

3rd Class....Randy Jones 44.....Ken Norman

4th Class....Troy Smith 42.....Dennis Minks 42

5th Class....Tony Winick 39.....Terry Peterson 39

6th Class....Jim Weiland 36.....Mark Cameron 36

Ties = Singles from the front then Singles from the back then Handicap from the front.

Here's some of the Hams with their prizes.

Ham Winners....Dean Campbell....Ken Norman....Scott Steffen....Curt Peterson....Joe Marino....Dennis Kecker....Jay Neitzell....Dennis Minks....Dwayne Noren....Randy Jones. Nice shooting guy's.

On behalf of the Minneapolis Gun Club, we wish everyone and their families a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Jimmy Bowen

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ha, turkey would taste pretty good!!! I don't know how this crow is going to taste. Couldn't hit my butt with both hands yesterday, just wasn't able to see the targets, and they were set below 50 mph. Lot's of opportunities for the $100.00 bill to be snatched up but that didn't happen.

A great turnout. More than a few new faces and some old ones too. Keith Thraen was out and shot which was good and some stopped by for the chatter. We would have had more entries but it was too cold to shoot in Tucson so we didn't get those scores. :>)

Jackpot Trap this Saturday and again on Wednesday the 1st. We might be throwing more targets than the Dollar this month. You should be here instead of getting heat stroke there.

Have fun down there, I have to go shovel snow.

Jimmy Bowen

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks to everyone at the Minneapolis Gun Club for putting on a great event. This was my first time there and I was very impressed with the club. It is kind of a long trip for me but I hope to make it down a time or two more this winter.

Randy Jones

·
Registered
816 Posts
Randy you got that one right. Minneapolis Gun Club has been working very hard to earn more shooters business. The man driving this effort has been Jimmy Bowen himself. He maybe can't shoot a lick, has poor judgment when choosing firearms, and is starting to look like the scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz but he has done a fine job as president of one of the largest clubs in the metro area. You are not the first to appreciate the quality of service at MGC and you won't be the last if Jimmy stays put. I'm sure Jimmy appreciates your comments, thank you for posting them.

Mark Zauhar

·
Registered
386 Posts
The reason Jimmy could not hit anything is he had the targets set too high and I was not there to lower them. The barber, the dentist, the pilot and the Prez never saw a target too high. Tom

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Randy, it was good to see you walk in and take part in the Jackpot Shoot. We hope you do make it down a few more times. When you went out to shoot I told the guys "there goes the last ham". They didn't know who you were. A ham and 2 Lewis Class wins..... They do now.

Mark, thank you for the nice comments. MGC is what it is with the help of a great bunch of hard working members that take as much pride in the Club as I do. From Mark Cameron, the best manager we've had for many years, all the way down to the trap kids, it takes many people with a "pride of ownership" attitude to keep it as nice as it is.

And Tom, I'll keep working on my target setting skills over the winter. There were more 25 straights last Saturday than I've seen for a long time. I'm thinking it was because the targets were high enough the guy's had enough time to go after them. :>)

Again, Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday's and the very best to everyone in 2014.

Jimmy Bowen

1 - 12 of 12 Posts