Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I am planing to move to east cost of Florida around Palm Beach Gardens.
Dose anyone know of a trap shooting club in that area that is not ridiculously expensive
I shoot once a week 100 rounds and at my present club that costs me $16.00
Best way to get me is at [email protected]
Thanks for any info
Bill

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
Your pickings are slim in that area and I'm sure someone will give you a few suggestions (depending on how far you want to drive), Indian River is one club you might want to look at.

Up around Daytona Beach you can shoot for $5 a round (Volusia and Flagler).

·
Premium Member
12,482 Posts
The west coast is a little more comfortable since there always seems to be a breeze from the Gulf. Lots of shooting over here. There is a small club nearby that charges $5 a round.

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Dave, I have to disagree--the West Coast is way more uncomfortable than the east coast--the gulf is way warmer due to the shallow water- the east coast off the Atlantic is way more comfortable due to cooler temps in the summer--diverse trap shooting in Fl is a problem, resolve to shooting @ 1 or 2 clubs.

Clubs are few & the distances are long.

Phil Berkowitz

·
Banned
890 Posts
I wonder how you will like the day to day traffic over there? I spent a couple of days over there and the traffic in the winter was unbearable for me. I couldn't wait to get out of there. I love the Naples area and we have a nice gun club at Gulf Coast Clays.

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
Hard to believe that trapshooting clubs are hard to come by in a place like Florida where the weather is always so nice.
If you like to bounce around you have to be prepared to do a bit of driving (traffic can be a bear in some areas).

If you do like to bounce around, find where the clubs are located first and then find a place to stay.

Sporting in the last ten years has seen a huge expansion in Florida if that's your game. Jacksonville added a sporting course last year and just saw that another range will be opening in Northeast Florida shortly, but don't have much details at this time other then a posting I ran across. You can get a lot of sporting shooting within an hour thirty minute drive around the Tampa area, but traffic, traffic, traffic.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
First of all....... if you want to shoot/live cheap, you don't move anywhere near WPB, Palm Beach, or Palm Beach Gardens.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Bill, no such thing as 16$ per hundred in South Florida ! Indian River ,trap 28$ per 100, South Florida Shooting Club, trap 30$ per 100. Not sure what they charge at Markham park but think it's 28$ also! sporting clays at all mentioned clubs are 40$ and up per 100. Nothing cheap about living in South Florida!

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Bill, no such thing as 16$ per hundred in South Florida ! Indian River ,trap 28$ per 100, South Florida Shooting Club, trap 30$ per 100. Not sure what they charge at Markham park but think it's 28$ also! sporting clays at all mentioned clubs are 40$ and up per 100. Nothing cheap about living in South Florida!
Robinson Ranch --15 games for $70.00 + the best targets in Florida + all ERAD voice calls

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
690 Posts
Best part of Florida free orange juice at the welcome center on 75.
Go to next exit south make a U turn and head north.
Lived their 12 years won't be going back for anything I left.

·
Supporting Vendor
10,240 Posts
I've been going down to Florida my entire life and it's very sad to see what's become of it. Nothing like the good ol' days where you could follow sunny 2 tracks on deserted beaches. Long gone now.

You can have it.

·
Registered
625 Posts
when you open your checking account
they don't give you an ice scrapper ?

it is swell for me !
everyone is welcome !!
Even Jack ?

mostly good,
ernie

·
Registered
283 Posts
Okeechobee Gun Club about 40 minutes from PBG. My daughter lives there. I think they have trap, but not sure of prices.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Best part of Florida free orange juice at the welcome center on 75.
Go to next exit south make a U turn and head north.
Lived their 12 years won't be going back for anything I left.
I'm a 5th generation Floridian. The way Florida is today is why I retired to North Alabama. Orlando and Orange County sold their souls for the $ sign. Hope they're happy.
The great Florida I knew no longer exists.......
M.D.

·
Banned
890 Posts
I think things are pretty nice down in the Naples area. Of course I am only there for six months in the winter. But that is when it would be at its worse I would think.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Bill,
"Inexpensive " and S. E. Florida are contradictory terms.
Unless you really need to be in Palm Beach County, take a look at Indian River, or even Brevard...both just up the coast and MUCH less crowded, MUCH safer, and quite shooter friendly.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts