Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody seen Lone Survivor? If you haven't it is a must see. It by no means is a Rambo, this movie gives you a new or renewed appreciation for our military.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
I read the book three times ! Hard to stay dry eyed. Have not seen the film,
I'll wait till it comes around to home movie.

If you like reading about SEALS, read Dick Marcinco's "Rouge Warrior". It's a real "no shitter" that takes you inside SEAL team six.

Also read, "Marine Sniper" the Carlos Hathcock Bio. It's a short but excellent book that reads easily.

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
Saw it yesterday and had some women behind me that oohed and talked the entire time. I liked it and will see it again. It is one of those that garnered applause, tears and quietness at the end. Watch it until the end.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
The movie left out major details. The home and family support that Marcus had at the family ranch in Texas was heart warming.

As soon as news came down his unit was in trouble, his fathers ranch was overwhelmed with VIP's, high ranking Military brass from all branches, the Bushes came to support his parents, Wealthy local builders brought in trailers for people to camp out and await the news, local resteraunts sent over truckloads of food to feed the huge crowd of supporters, the Navy Chaplin flew in to pray with growing masses. Radio men set up direct SAT phones.

As grim details of the botched mission were starting to emerge, family and friends were losing hope, crying and praying, One of the Navy Admirals that flew in, pounded his fist and said, "A SEAL is not dead until you show me a body!" and that's an order!

I never read an account of such strong family and friends supporting a MIA. Those Texans know how to rally ! I guess it was to much conservative love for Hollywierd to document in the film.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
sshannon391...if you say the bushes came to support his parents, that says something about the Bush family and our current lack of compassion for the parents of the Bengazi deceased and border patrol agent Brian Terry. Obama is low life scum, hater of whites and a racist. Better quit now. People may think I don't like him. ed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts