Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were shooting some video a couple weeks ago. More than one of us had our mouths open.

Do you shoot with mouth opened? Teeth clenched?

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
Mouth slack. Teeth not clenched.

Hard to call for the target with teeth clenched.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Interesting I have never even thought about it and couldn't even tell you. Ill let you know after tonight.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not changing anything. Just curious what others do. No one talks about this. Could this be a reason for a slump. You miss a couple, get upset, start clenching your teeth, and lose that groove in your cheek that the gun feels comfortable in.

True about calling for the target. Been shooting low gun, so I would have time to clench my teeth if aggravated.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting I have never even thought about it and couldn't even tell you. Ill let you know after tonight.
I never thought about it until recently. Trying to be as consistent as possible. Why shouldn't the jaw muscles be involved? Those muscles are the closest to the gun.

·
Banned
5,302 Posts
For trapshooters that premount, if you place you index finger under your cheek bone where the comb goes with your mouth closed and say "Pull" you will notice your finger moving. If you place it with you mouth open, and say "Pull" it won't move. Draw your own conclusions.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Mouth open,right eye wide open,left eye closed! Lester

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
I've been told mine is open way too often..............

Ric

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Partly open, because (3) three muscles of the face are where the stock touchs you. Moving those while trying to stay locked up in the gun doesn't make sense to me.

That being said, I don't use the word "pull".

For me the word "pull" results in a noticeable jerky reaction from the diaphragm.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts