Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Ljutic Nut
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have never seen a top lever Ljutic there is one listed on Gun Broker now.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=322780151

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
I don't think that is a "real" Ljutic; I believe the name was used in a quasi-misleading/counterfeit situation with some of the shotguns made overseas. But....I'm drawing upon fumes of a memory re. this situation from a couple of years back. Somebody else might be able to better enlighten?

·
Premium Member
10,398 Posts
Interesting--

Now the other comment is interesting also about older Ljutics of that age shold be retired?

Did anyone catch that?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

·
Registered
971 Posts
Yeah, I read that too, very interesting about retiring older ljutics. I have a 69 monogun that looks, locks and operates as new. Kind of a pretty dumb comment on ljtuic's part.

·
Premium Member
10,398 Posts
I wonder if that comment that all older Ljutics of that age should be retired was based on the steel used at the time? Or heat treatment or what?

Ljutic has both covered their butt but also opened themselves to questions with that comment.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

·
Well known trouble maker
3,120 Posts
I have Ljutic serial number 23, the very first gun produced in Washington. It has a manufacturer date of 1964. One through twenty-two were produced in Nevada before the Ljutic's moved to Washington according to Mrs. Ljutic.

The gun performs flawlessly and is shot on a regular basis. It still crunches them today the way it did in 64!

docbombay_2011_020127.jpg

Doc

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
I had a friend in San Diego California (Miramar Gun Club) who I believe has passed on, but when he retired from shooting he sold his Ljutic #4 to another fellow. Must have been about 1997 or so. the new owner purchased my old Mono stock as I had a PFS, and sent the gun to Ljutic for a rebuild. To my knowledge he is still shooting it.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Shorty Hancock of Indiana shot a 2 digit Ljutic until the barrel came out of the monobloc.

Never heard him called shorty before, just chippy, Charlie, and dumb ass. I also don't remember him shooting the barrel from a monobloc, and I have heard ALL his stories. I do remember him shooting the Ljutic so much the stock rotted off and the trigger fell out. I took it to the Grand and had it repaired for him. I believe he is up to 700,000 targets now.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Unloader: PHEW, sure glad I've NEVER owned a Ljutic, or live in the great state of Montana, been there "beautiful", lived in Longmont, Colorado for a few years. Ross Puls a different R.P.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.