Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are many single barrel trap guns, but in you mind what is the most elegant? Mine is is the Parker. The lines and the balance makes it feel like a feather in my hands.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jim if I ever get the chance to try one I might just change my mind. But my Parker when I look at the graceful lines of the receiver and the forend it reminds me of a beautiful woman.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For me it's not about the gold or the engraving it's about the shape of the reciever and the overall lines of the gun. Guns with a cross lock are boxy looking to me. The LC Smith comes in second. As cross locks goes I like the Charles Daly. I like the old Ithacas and have shot some fine scores with it but the Parker I like magic when I point it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I like MX Perazzi's also but would not really consider them a single barrel trap gun as far as this thread goes.

As for the least elegant (even though I own one and actually really like it a lot ---honestly) would be the 90-T.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Winchester Model 12 with a high rib and adjustable comb stock made from fancy marble cake walnut.

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
For elegant looks, I would put the L.C. Smith first because of the side plats. The Ithaca 4 E would be next and the Parkers would be third. I think the exposed hing pin of the Parkers detracts from the otherwise clean lines. A.H. Fox made a wonderful single trap gun, but it did have a rather large and boxy receiver.

Bakers are in a class by themselves. This conclusion may be shaded a bit by the fact that once I had a small Baker collection.

Pat Ireland

·
Premium Member
2,588 Posts
Pat--you must be thinking about a different single barrel trap gun. The LC Single was a boxlock without sideplates. The LC Double was a true sidelock gun.

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
There are no guns that look any better than those made by Devault. The Infinity surpasses all. They make one drool like none other.

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
Infinity!

Quality abounds even in the parts in the bins which holds the pre-assembled (I) gun parts! A shotgun still ahead of it's time!

Hap

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I really dont like them because I've never had one I could shoot worth a damn,but I do love the looks of an old style BT-99.

·
Vendor
7,098 Posts
mia- you have a pm

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Barry your a man of good taste! I love my old MX8 combo gun. The balance is perfect for me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.