Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This gun was given to the farmer on whose land I hunt in lieu of money owed him. My friend has no use for it and asked me to sell it for him. It is capable of chambering 2-3/4" and 3" shells, has a 28" barrel with a fixed Modified choke and appears to be in good mechanical condition. There is some slight freckling on the barrel but I was not able to capture it in any of the photos I took of it.

Typical for most hunting guns, it seems to have been shot very little. The stock MAY have been shortened - I don't know what Mossberg's standard length of pull is but this one measures right at 14" which would make it perfect for a smaller-framed hunter, especially since its alloy receiver holds its weight down to an easy-to-carry 6.8 pounds empty. It comes up just about right for me - my thumb and nose are about 1/2" apart. If more length reduction would be needed, the 1" recoil pad could be exchanged for a thinner one. The bore appears perfect - I just ran a wet patch through it to check for rust and most of what came out was dust.

My friend would like to recover his $150 so that is the selling price plus shipping, unless of course you are able to pick it up in south-central Pennsylvania. If not, I will obtain a shipping estimate for your approval before we finalize the transaction.

Any questions, please send me a P.M. Thanks for looking!

Ed

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Ed

Great pictures

You did an excellent description and great photos for a $150.00 sale.

Your add marvels some of the $3,000 gun adds for sale.

Wish they all took the time you did,

DGH

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the kind words. It really didn't take very long - five minutes at the very most with the camera and about 10 minutes composing the ad and posting it here. But you're right, good photos say a lot and can answer a lot of questions; that makes a prospective buyer more comfortable with the item and more likely to buy it.

Ed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts