Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
8,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Flathead Valley Clay Target Club located in Kalispell MT. will be holding its annual Montana Wounded Warrior Tournament. We will be throwing 600 registered targets--singles-Handicap-doubles,our annual silent auction will have a nice selection of some very unique items including a custom rifle action by Defiance Machine.We have some limited RV space available so please let me know and I can make arrangements to reserve a spot.Also of note will be that if you are traveling thru and would like to attend a Nora Ross Trapshooting Clinic we have a couple of openings the following week, one for the thur.-Friday session and one for the Sat. Sun. session. All proceeds from the Silent Auction go to Montana Wounded Warrior which is non-profit run by all volunteers and( IS NOT tied to the national organization.)Trophys this year will be custom belt buckles by Montana Silver Smiths. They will be similar to the ones I have posted a picture of here. If you have question about this shoot please message me and I will be glad to answer as soon as I can. Thanks George Miletich JR. Flathead Valley Clay Target Club

Attachments

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Nice post George. Should be a great shoot. Still have two openings for the Nora Ross Shooting Clinic. Everyone who has taken her course has loved it. Not many opportunities to take her class in the West at a great club in a wonderful location.

·
Administrator
8,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tafford! Im looking forward to her being here and the weather should should be nice :) We have had a lot of great additions for the silent auction and it should be a good weekend all the way around, George

·
Administrator
8,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The weather report looks good for this weekend, mid 70s and sunshine :) FVCTC's caretaker Ryan has the club grounds looking really nice, hope to see you there if you can make it.

·
Administrator
8,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would like to extend a big Thank You! to all the shooters and sponsors that made our Montana Wounded Warrior2015 a enjoyable and rewarding tournament along with raising over $2500.00 for the Montana Wounded Warrior Project which is completely volunteer run.It was also nice to see a group of wounded warriors get to experience shooting trap for the first on a Friday eve. and come back and register their first ATA targets and Sa.t and Sun. and have a great time. I will try to have some pictures up soon along with some scores. Thanks George Flathead Valley Clay Target Club

·
Administrator
8,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Jerry it was good to see you and spend some time talking the other day, we are glad you had a good stay and good job in your shoot-off! I will try to post some pics and scores as I get them. Thanks George

·
Administrator
8,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok here are a few pictures from our Montana Wounded Warrior Fund Raiser Tournament. I would like to thank all who attended and our sponsors for making this annual event a lot of fun.BTW there is a pic of Jerry here rocking a hard earned singles win buckle,Thanks for coming over Jerry :)

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just wanted to share some info that I received this eve about how some of the money we raised at our MT. Wounded Warrior Shoot was use. I was talking with a couple of the board members from Montana Wounded Warrior and they were able to take 5 wounded warriors of which one was missing his right hand on a first time fly fishing trip to the South Fork area of the Flathead River.I was told all wounded warriors involved were extremely appreciative especially the warrior with the missing hand who upon his ride back home shared some pictures of a new found love for fly fishing and his catch of a couple of nice trout on a stop at a place he wanted to try fishing. So again a Big Thank You to all involved for making something positive happen for these men and woman. Shoot Well George FVCTC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts