Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jim Clawson passed Thursday Jan 31st in his home in Missoula.

http://missoulian.com/news/local/obituaries/james-mack-clawson/article_3f35327a-6e23-11e2-896b-0019bb2963f4.html?comment_form=true

·
Registered
476 Posts
I haven't seen Jim since he came to the Grand when he was a junior shooter,but I remember him well. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Jims family and to brother Gene.

Dave& Sandy Berlet

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Very sorry to hear this.

The Hoppie and other great shoots in Missoula will never be the same.

Rick in MT

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
So sorry to hear this. I didn't know the Clawsons, but have heard great stories about them from those who knew them and shot with them.

"We are diminished"...

·
Administrator
8,598 Posts
Sorry to hear this also, condolences from the shooters up in the Flathead.George Jr. Flathead Valley Clay Target Club

·
Registered
19 Posts
Was privledged to know and watch Gene bring his boys (Bill & Nick) along with many other Montana shooters to Vandlia over the past 30 + years. Admired the hard work(and soul)Gene put into the 100th Grand (while he was President) and many, many northwestern area shoots. Not many of us will achieve Gene's level of dedication to our sport. Gene was truely the definition of an unsung hero to trapshooting in his part of the country.

Sincere condolences,
Jay Nigbor

·
Premium Member
10,534 Posts
Could someone post a photo of Jim. I shot with him and Gene at the Grand one year and can't remember his face. You have my condolences Gene and your family. We all go there by-and-by.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Jim's picture is on the Obituaries page of the Missoulian. He was taller than Gene. I last saw Jim in Missoula on National Trapshooting Day and as usual he was working his butt off to put on a good shoot for the rest of us.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.